VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First Meeting Went Good.

Rate this question

richmc

Question

Had my first appointment this last Thursday. Watched the short video while my counselor reviewed my paperwork. Then went in her office and she asked a few questions. Ten minutes later she is telling me I am eligible for the program and sets me up with the assessment screening on the 8th of next month.

Have to guys at work that have applied and they were turned down saying they made to much money. Glad I got a different counselor that understood that I can not keep doing the job I have now. With any luck I will be going back to school and getting a BS in graphic design.

Edited by richmc

6 answers to this question

richmc,

Sounds like you have a great counselor. Good luck with the voc rehab program and your pursuit of a BS degree in graphic design.

GP

Had my first appointment this last Thursday. Watched the short video while my counselor reviewed my paperwork. Then went in her office and she asked a few questions. Ten minutes later she is telling me I am eligible for the program and sets me up with the assessment screening on the 8th of next month.

Have to guys at work that have applied and they were turned down saying they made to much money. Glad I got a different counselor that understood that I can not keep doing the job I have now. With any luck I will be going back to school and getting a BS in graphic design.

I had my screen and was approved for funding the same day. The assessment I was able to do at home by going to htttps://vetsuccess.careerscope.net. and writing out a short paragraph after going to onet (o*net).

Online line wasn't offered here. Wish it was so maybe could speed things up. Not sure how much longer will be able to stay at my current job and ready to get started on a new path.