VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Letter From Ebenefits...question

Rate this question

bh1981

Question

I was able to download a letter from eBenefits. My question is am I now eligible, according to this letter, to apply for property tax relief for the purchase of a home, receive commissary privileges, etc.?

This letter is a summary of benefits you currently receive from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). We are providing this letter to disabled Veterans to use in applying for benefits such as state or local property or vehicle tax relief, civil service preference, to obtain housing entitlements, free or reduced state park annual memberships, or any other program or entitlement in which verification of VA benefits is required. Please safeguard this important document. This letter is considered an official record of your VA entitlement.

Our records contain the following information:

Personal Claim Information

Your VA claim number is: xxx-xx-

You are the Veteran.

Military Information

Your most recent, verified periods of service (up to three) include:

Recent periods of military service Branch of Service Character of Service Entered Active Duty Released/Discharged Army Honorable January 24, 2002 July 23, 2008

(There may be additional periods of service not listed above.)

VA Benefit Information Summary of benefit information You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 90% You are being paid at the 100 percent rate because you are unemployable due to your service-connected disabilities: Yes

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I suppose the property tax exemption is decided by the state and I am in the process of moving to Florida and cannot seem to find out any information on IU and property tax exemption, just to clarify my previous post. However, I think this is the wrong place for this and will repost somewhere else here on hadit. So I guess, really, is this letter considered a VA letter for I/U that doesn't require a further examination or not? Sorry if my questions are all over the place. I'm just trying to do research on available benefits. Thanks again.

Brad

Edited by bh1981