VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• 2023-foeum-banner.jpg

• red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

Ask Your VA Claims QuestionThe LatestVeterans Crisis Line

red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

• Get Your HadIt.com Merch! Check them out here2022-11-16_06-22-29.png

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Just Awarded 70%...

bassrunnin

Question

I was just awarded 70% and the BBE states the TDIU was pending. Ebenefits shows gathering evidence...how long does it usually take for them to process?

I should also mention that I filed the TDIU form with my claim so that part has already done...

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

bassrunnin,

It could be a few days or it could be weeks. Hopefully, it will be days.

Since you have a rating of 50% or higher, you are now in group 1 in the VA healthcare system and you no longer have copays for your VA appointments or VA prescriptions. Make sure you request reimbursement of all VA copays you paid back to the effective date of your 70% award. You can do this through the business office of your local VAMC.

Good luck with your IU claim and keep us posted.

GP

• Like 1

Congrats on the 70%, as far as ebennies saying no open claims, mine says the same thing only because Ebenefits is updating, down or acting dumb as it has the last few days. Your IU claim should be complete soon, I would thing. Either way good luck

Wanted to update on this topic. Today I found out that they have awarded the TDUI...So the whole process took 8 months.

6 Months for actual claim

Another 2 months for TDUI.

I think the TDUI was sped up because I am getting SSDI for same reason...

Thanks everyone for your help in all this.

I just hope I can help some other like you helped me :)

Congratulation on your 70% bud.It took me 5 months to get I.U.Good Luck.

OK so I finally got an answer on the TDUI Today I got the actual letter from the VA about my TDIU award. My combined rating is still 70%, but they'll be paying me at 100% with no examinations scheduled in the future. Does this mean I get the benefits of 100% total and permanent and can ask for property tax exemption and the such? I don't want to ask or presume anything that I shouldn't get or are entitled to.

bassrunnin,

Sounds like P & T. Check your "Benefits Summary Letter" and "Commissary Letter" under "VA Letters" on your Ebenefits account. One or both of them should show if your status is P & T. If you are P & T, you may be able to use the "Benefits Summary Letter" and/or the letter you received from the VA to request your property tax exemption. You may also be able to get a free Disabled Veteran auto tag.

Congratulations and good luck.

GP

congrats on both wins 70% and TDIU are both big hurdles to cross on there own but together :biggrin: good job on your part for hanging in there and keep up the fight.

GREAT NEWS!

Start checking the bank account if you have direct deposit .