VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wife Denied On Everything...

Rate this question

lysol

Question

My wife was recently denied for every medical issue she applied for... She was enlisted in the Air Force for 4 years and then completed 2 years of Reserves. Her medical paper stack was thicker than mine and the VA sent us a letter stating that they could not make a single connection for anything. One issue that stands out in my mind is that she actually just went through foot surgery for a running injury she received in the Reserves. All paperwork documented.

We went through a guy downtown DC who put together her package for her. He seemed very knowledgeable. What do we do now? I mean, I got denied for my bad knees even though I had went through physical therapy in active duty, but this seems like a big old slap in the face...

Well not uncommon at all, sad to say. Without you posting the denial letter with the actual regs that the VA used, we will just be speculating. I had 2 knee surgeries while active, and yet I was denied the first time too. Good luck and keep us posted

Lysol,

Please post a list of the evidence submitted showing diagnosis of her medical conditions and how each of the claimed medical conditions are connected to your wife's military service. Post as much info as possible and Hadit members will be in a better position to offer opinions and suggestions. Leave out personal identifying info.

Thanks

GP

Wow:

So sorry to hear this but I've heard of this before. You just have to go back and fight and then fight again for what you deserve! I've been saying this for over a year after looking at the enitre process and looking at the Hadit.com Forum. Most of it seems to come down to the basics of the right evidence and the linkage to the service career...but in the end, equally, it also comes down to whom the rater is that handles your claims file and what their level of expertise is? Most files are handled by several people but usually there is someone assigned to your specific file? Unfortunatley, this happens (getting "0") and is discourageing but you need to figure out why the denied you by the regulation and attack it from that specuific angle of attack. You'll need to get your ammunition together to be able to state your case and then do it. Frankly, at one point, I thought that I had a good VSO that would be my advocate but in the end she was just a "clerk" that passed my paperwork up to the Regional Office. As a matter of fact, I'm still having issues with how the VSO named the contentions for my claim- because I did not know any better? As an example, she named prostratitis as a "groin injury" which did me no good whatsoever? Anyway, you are your own best advocate, so follow this forum and learn as much as possible to work your claim again. I'm sure there are people on this forum that got "0"% at first and then ended up in the high 50's% and 60"% for SC and it's really possble. Just use this forum and ask the right questions because the people on this forum have been a great help to me and in many cases and inspiration...good luck...

If you two didn't get the exam than something was probably missing. Physical therapy was your link to service, did you have a current diagnosis/treatment? Was the running injury during drill or AT? Did she have a LOD or proof that it happened during drill or AT? Did she have a current dx/tx? Did you both write any statements describing the incidents? Do any of you have any GW Service?