VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Inpatient Recommended

Rate this question

mttib

Question

I was just discharged for Prolonged Exposure therapy, didn't work for me and I tried extremely hard. My therapist has suggested that I get into resident therapy and we will be filling out the application, which could be a month wait. The program is 90 days... I was hoping to get some advice on what I should do as far as either filing for a IU, an increase, or wait until I get out of the inpatient treatment. I am currently SC 70% for PTSD... thanks for any and all advice.

Semper Fi

5 answers to this question

If you mean by resident therapy, what they used to call the 21 day inhouse PTSD program,done at VAMCs, you would be eligible for temp 100% for each month you are there,hospitalized at a VAMC, if you have been diagnosed with SC PTSD, under the convalescence regulations available here under a search..

But I am not at all sure what you mean about the therapy.

Others will help.

Edited by Berta

It is an in house program for 90 days in West Virginia, I would think its an VAMC since I am seeing an VA doctor. Waiting for my doc to send all the information about the program.

OH ......good.....

I only know of one vet ,who was in a 21 day inhouse program for PTSD

who never got the temp comp.

He was a wannabee. He contacted me years ago and I learned a lot from him...I learned how a veteran should never tell VA anything they know that they cannot eventually prove.

That isnt why he was a wannabee. though.

Every claim is a story.It can become Very difficult to prove stressors.

But his stressors ,in my opinion, after trying to help him, were a figment of his imagination and an insult to me, the wife of a real combat veteran..

He got the longest decision I had seen at that point from the BVA.

It was a denial of course.

I am sure you will be eligible for the temp comp payments and they will deduct whatever comp you get now from it.....

but I sure dont know anything about this 90 program.

When my husband got out of the 21 day inhouse PTSD program, he was glad to be home but said he needed a year long VAMC inhouse program ,because he was in Hell for a year...not for 21 days.

He meant the 21 day inhouse was very good, but PTSD vets often need a lot more than that.

He was rated at 30 at the time, and then got 100% SC for PTSD, 3 years after he died.

he died within a month after he returned from the Buffalo VAMC 21 day..

Not due to the program at all,

due to consequences of piss poor VA health care at 2 other VAMCs.(FTCA/1151 wrongful death)

The 21 day inhouse was excellent. The team leader called me up from time to time for input into his PTSD.

He even came to Rod's funeral at the VA along with a few of the other 21 day vets he had met there..

They were shocked when they found out he dropped dead a few weeks after coming back home.

Edited by Berta

I was just discharged for Prolonged Exposure therapy, didn't work for me and I tried extremely hard. My therapist has suggested that I get into resident therapy and we will be filling out the application, which could be a month wait. The program is 90 days... I was hoping to get some advice on what I should do as far as either filing for a IU, an increase, or wait until I get out of the inpatient treatment. I am currently SC 70% for PTSD... thanks for any and all advice.

Semper Fi

berta, is right about the temp 100%. Your development/advancement in the inpatient program will help dictate the future of your SC...JMO