VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Sent To Bva Before 30 Day Date, What Tha ?

Rate this question

RickH

Question

Hi all, My SSOC was Date stamped Feb 13 2015. I faxed my new evidence today to AMC(including a IME-IMO)

And I overnighted them at the post office today March 10,2015. I went on the ebenefits status bar for the H#@$#l of it,

and found it had been sent to the BVA on March 9, for admin. Should I be worried? what can I do if they decide the claim

without my evidence?

RickH

4 answers to this question

You might want to submit the information directly to the BVA. Or send them a fax and let them know you sent _____ (a list of what you sent) to the AMC on March 10.

No. They should not be able to decide your claim without the evidence that you timely submitted.

I am not sure how much you sent, but I would make sure that IME and your argument was in their hands.

I agree with Free_Spirit.

That is extraordinary , to have a BVA transfer prior to the 30 day response date......

They might not even have prepared a I-8 form.

Do you have a POA and what RO is this?

I think I have seen it all but this is really a new one for me....

You can file an IRIS on this as a complaint........

Then again how accurate is ebenefits?

Did you contact the Secretary or any other VA Central official during process of your claim?

Edited by Berta

Berta, What is a IRIS? 1-8?

Believe it or not I did write the Sec an Email

complaining about how St Petersburg keep my appeal for over 5 years before

I moved back to Maine and I finally got it sent to BVA for My video hearing in less than

6 months.

I also asked him why everyone, VSOS, C and P docs, the V/A, and The janitor down at the

local high school can look at my C-file and I can't have read only access to it.

I also told him this would help with the backlog and help all vets to have a tight claim.

RickH

Go to www.va.gov

to the upper right of the main page there is a Contact US thing.

Click on it,

then click on Ask a question.and it will direct you to the Integrated Response system....

The complaint section is a pop down box uyou need to file out first.

Have your DD 214 in front of you , they will ask for specific data from it (which you probably remember anyhow)

I always type my request or concern or complaint to IRIS to IRIS first, in a Word program and then , I go over it carefully

to make sure I didnt say any bads words ha...but to basically make sure I have stated the IRIS request so that even a ten year old can read it, and that it makes sense.

One IRIS I sent in 2005 stated WHAT THE HELL IS THIS in the first part of it.

I also faxes it to the Director or the VSM forget who

I rattled off that the VA needed to CUE themselves on a decision I received that AM.

They did

I got an immediate double DRO view

But with same DRO, who still couldn't read and my former vet rep screwed it all up as well.

I do not suggest saying bad words. to VA at all..... I just was extremely angry at their incompetence.

and still am. I won that claim , with no problem, at the BVA.

I suggest clicking on the snail mail or email reply and not the phone call reply.thing.

VA can make stuff up by phone.

The email response will give you documented evidence of their reply.

You can request a copy of your C file from your VAMC.

They usually have a brief form at their Records Access office,(also same as FOIA office) that you just sign, try to get a copy of it, and leave it with them.

The BVA Ombudsman's contact info is here at hadit as well under a search.

I have used it many times for many different reasons.

Edited by Berta