VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Closed Claim

Rate this question

Awesomeusername

Question

Greetings!

So I went to e-benefits yesterday and saw that my claim has been closed. I filled for disability in September last year and was actually surprised how fast everything went through. I was given a rating of 50% PTSD and 10% Tinnitus in February 2015. However, I am not fully satisfied because I applied for several other disabilities which they have not scheduled me to take C&P exam. Migraine, headache, urination, back pain, right hand pain and sleep apnea. I also applied for TDIU in my application package because of my PTSD(severe memory loss, depression, anxiety, sleeping disorder) and migraine. My conditions made me quit my 90K salary job in June 2014. Do I appeal for these disabilities right away or re-apply?

Thanks!

Bob

Edited by Awesomeusername

5 answers to this question

Thanks for the reply. I will probably receive the decision letter this week. I'll check my mailbox and post it here as soon as possible.

I had C&P exam for PTSD and hearing. Also, I made an error in my statement. I did receive my last C&P exam last week for my right hand (boxer's fracture). So, I have a total of 3 C&P exams. I just read the C&P doctor's exam notes for my hand in my bluebutton file and I see that the C&P doctor checked the boxes that I am not having pain.

Is there evidence of pain with use of the hand? [ ] Yes [X] No
Is there objective evidence of localized tenderness or pain on palpation
of the joint or associated soft tissue? [ ] Yes [X] No
This is obviously false because I told him it hurts as he press and poke examining my hand. They gave me 0% for this.

Also please read my post here on Deemed Denied:

It contains the most recent CAVC opinion on the deemed denied BS.

I have an Open claim from 1993. My husband filed it.

I mentioned it in many of my past claims.That issue was awarded under a different basis but I might still need to remind VACO of it due to my pending CUE that they screwed up.

It is still an Open claim.

Although they awarded under a different basis in 1997, they never listed as evidence or considered this claim.

I had no reason at some point to even care about that. But it might be probative now.

Congrats in the partial success, and sorry about the denials. Good advice given above, and remember that you can always put in for an increase or claim. I did not go the NOD or Appeals route as I did not want to get lost in the system for years. I just kept reopening the denied conditions, and now in the 2 years since, all 8 or 9 of those denied conditions will be granted SC at high %s. Good luck and God Bless!!! Please keep us posted