VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aircraft Jet Fuel Poisoning [Blood Poisoning]: (Jp-4 / Jp-8)

Rate this question

kadmir2004

Question

I stumbled on a 2006 forum here by way of Google but couldn't find specifically my issue, in hopes that someone has done some leg work already. I spent 22 years in aircraft fuel systems with exposures to ALL sorts of chemicals, compounds, sealants and ONE, "Sorry, that's classified" exposure. Yep, believe it or not, I was exposed to a white powder that swelled my eyes, partially closed my airway and I was gifted with not being able to take the TB test anymore. A year later, I tested positive for TB (contact unknown). When I checked for the records of the exposure at my next duty assignment, they had been REMOVED?!?! Additionally, the winter of 1999/2000, I had an accidental JP-4 "injection". While in a fuel tank with a band-aided removed hangnail in a toe, my foot slipped into residual fuel and yes, it WAS JP-4, as much as they told the EPA they weren't using it anymore, in Germany, they still refueled other aircraft with it and it was in this aircraft, it was in the aircraft forms! Oh, and since we only had a clinic on bankers hours, I was ambulanced downtown Frankfurt where the records were NOT transferred to my military medical records and therefore, no documentation, only a witness whom I KNOW.

Sorry so long winded but necessary.

SO, my question is: has anyone done any research at all on Benzene blood poisoning?!?!

HELP!!

kadmir2004

You may be able to find some research info on Benzene poisoning by reading posts on this website and Googling "Camp Lejeune water contamination." Thousands of Marines and their families were exposed to contaminants in the base water systems for decades which has resulted in numerous claims being filed with the VA for various diseases. One of the main contaminants was Benzene. You should be able to find a lot of info on the Internet about Camp Lejeune water contamination. There is a book out on the Camp Lejeune water contamination titled "A Trust Betrayed" by Mike Magner.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

GP

Look up benzene induced thrombocytopenia. Idiopathic thrombocytopenia. This is a platelet disorder in which your body starts attacking its own platelets. I'm not at home but a couple of key members have given me info on this illness. I got hit with it last year and it got dicey. Please talk with doc its a serious, deadly problem.

• HadIt.com Elder

I stumbled on a 2006 forum here by way of Google but couldn't find specifically my issue, in hopes that someone has done some leg work already. I spent 22 years in aircraft fuel systems with exposures to ALL sorts of chemicals, compounds, sealants and ONE, "Sorry, that's classified" exposure. Yep, believe it or not, I was exposed to a white powder that swelled my eyes, partially closed my airway and I was gifted with not being able to take the TB test anymore. A year later, I tested positive for TB (contact unknown). When I checked for the records of the exposure at my next duty assignment, they had been REMOVED?!?! Additionally, the winter of 1999/2000, I had an accidental JP-4 "injection". While in a fuel tank with a band-aided removed hangnail in a toe, my foot slipped into residual fuel and yes, it WAS JP-4, as much as they told the EPA they weren't using it anymore, in Germany, they still refueled other aircraft with it and it was in this aircraft, it was in the aircraft forms! Oh, and since we only had a clinic on bankers hours, I was ambulanced downtown Frankfurt where the records were NOT transferred to my military medical records and therefore, no documentation, only a witness whom I KNOW.

Sorry so long winded but necessary.

SO, my question is: has anyone done any research at all on Benzene blood poisoning?!?!

HELP!!

"Sorry, that's classified" exposure"

I'd guess that the exposure is related to a chemical used/was used in high altitude fuel for an aircraft that has or had a variable cone engine air inlet.

(And no, I don't know what it was either.)

This might help

Also I recently poste here a JP 4 benzene DIC award to the husband of a USAF veteran.....

I cant seem to find it.....

This might help too

There are more awards here as well for benezene, from BVA decision, and by all means read the Camp LeJuene criteria...We just had a USMC vet whose wife is here, who was awarded for his Lejeune Bad Water claim.

I was Naval Aviation my whole 10 years in the military, and being that I was the skinny guy most of the time, I have spent countless hours in the Fuel Cells, and I will tell you that stuff burns almost anything exposed including the inside of my nose. The high ranks would always say just go wash it off everything is all right, yet I was almost blinded one night when we were working on the aircraft and some splashed up into my eyes. Sorry to hear of the issues bud. Good luck and God Bless!!!

"Sorry, that's classified" exposure"

I'd guess that the exposure is related to a chemical used/was used in high altitude fuel for an aircraft that has or had a variable cone engine air inlet.

(And no, I don't know what it was either.)

Actually, it was insulation around a hot air duct running through an F-15 CFT (Conformal Fuel Tank), a never before performed task as far as we knew. There was NO technical data on this area (I wonder why?!)

kadmir2004

You may be able to find some research info on Benzene poisoning by reading posts on this website and Googling "Camp Lejeune water contamination." Thousands of Marines and their families were exposed to contaminants in the base water systems for decades which has resulted in numerous claims being filed with the VA for various diseases. One of the main contaminants was Benzene. You should be able to find a lot of info on the Internet about Camp Lejeune water contamination. There is a book out on the Camp Lejeune water contamination titled "A Trust Betrayed" by Mike Magner.

GP

This HAS helped a bit. Thanks.