VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vso In Virginia?

Rate this question

Devil_Dog

Question

Hi Everyone,

I am working with an IRAQ combat Vet that needs a new VSO in Virginia. His current one is less than sub par. I am helping him as much as possible but I would like him to have a decent rep to be a go between with his RO. He is out in the sticks so I am looking for a VSO will be willing to work this remote so he doesn't have to drive hours to an office. Does anyone know of a good VSO in VA they can recommend? Thank you.

Mike

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

If you go to the BVA web Site, search under his VARO and then granted and then see what VSO they used.....

You also might be able to help him by becoming an accredited vet rep yourself if you feel he needs a go between but that travel might not even be necessary.

Anyone can become an accredited representative for a vet..if they meet whatever eligibility requirements here:

Our member Mike Harris is an accredited vet rep and I think John Dorley is too (but I think he also is a former VSO)

Accredited vet reps get copies by mail of everything the veteran receives, just like the VSOs.

Since, I think, they are only allowed however, to work with one claimant at a time....not sure of that...it means they have far more time than VSOs to give individual attention to the claim.

Edited by Berta

I think I am wrong on something I said

...I think ,after reading the above reg, as an accredited Agent , you can handled as many VA claims as you want:

http://www.va.gov/vaforms/va/pdf/VA21a.pdf

They have an email addy there at the link in my other post for how to contact the OGC with any questiions.

The BVA deals with claims Agents all the time and mentions their denied, success ,remand rates in every BVA annual report to congress.

Along with those of vets repped by various vet orgs, and lawyers

LOL Berta I am awaiting my exam to become a claims agent as we speak. I wanted to wait until I had 100% on the schedule so they couldn't mess with my TDIU. I see the reps in VA but I don't want this guys getting another dud. She has been giving him wrong advice for some time now.

He also had some new service connections he needs to file for and she told him "You don't need me, it's all electronic now. You can go on ebenefits and do it yourself". I was like yeah, you could do that all along, your own claims anyway. It's sad to see a young combat Veteran getting jerked around. Do your job VSO!!!!