VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Email To Allison Hickey

Rate this question

vern2

Question

Sent an email to Ms. Hickey today.

Wow!

got responses from VARO director at St. Pete, Nashville, and director of Efile storage/claims at St. Louis. as well as Ms. Hickey.

Stirred up a firestorm. more to follow.

Vern2

Latest update. I had one C & P exam Friday for scars. Then Saturday I get notice of 3 more exams, one is for heart. They just did a cardio exam in August 2013, no change to my heart. I had complained to Ms. Hickey about the number of C & P exams, which was 7, now the total will be 11. They are repeat of same exams that had in 2004-2005. I will not miss the C & P exams, but feel like a hamster in wheel, round, n round :sad:

One new thing, I did get a CD of my Claim file from St. Louis, 1729 pages, but noticed that I had 4 copies of most documentation. Is this normal? Also still had 5 pages of another Veterans files on my CD. I had asked that this be removed, but they never removed it.

vern2,

If the other veteran's address is listed on his documents in your file, I would mail them to the other veteran with an explanation as to how you received them. He may have some of your records in his file. Possibly, a VA employee at your RO was working on both of your files at the same time and mixed up the records. Even if the other veteran's address is not in your file, he more than likely lives in your state since you both appear to share the same RO. Unless it is unlisted, you could probably find the other veteran's telephone number on the Internet and be able to contact him if you want to make him aware of the records. JMO

GP

vern2,

In regards to my other post, I am assuming you can print copies of the other veteran's records from your CD.

GP

These are same records I had received in my paper copy of claim file in February and sent those back to Kerrie Witty, Director of St. Pete VARO. It upsets me that after this fact and an email to MS. Witty, that my E file still has the other vets records. Wonder where my missing 200+ pages went?

Probably to the other veteran.

I had over a 100 total pages of other veterans' information sent to me over the past few years. About 90 of them were in my C-File copy and another 10 or so were crammed in with a brown envelope along with a request for more information a few years ago.

I made copies and mailed the copies to the VA and also sent an IRIS notification to them. The response back was for me to include the names and SSN information of the other veterans for the VA to "have proof" that they had mistakenly sent some other veteran information to me. After I sent them the information, for a total of about 5 veterans, I never heard a word back from them.

However, in December last year, a new C-File request popped up on my eBenefits page. I didn't request a second C-File yet, but I would imagine that they probably had to reopen and review the documents. I had also mentioned that the C-File copy they had sent me had literally none of my service medical records, which I also happily sent to them, noting that they had failed to obtain the records themselves, at least what I had on hand and what I retrieved from the National Personnel Records Center.

I had also sent them a demand letter via certified mail, asking that they acknowledge that I was rated by the VA utilizing a C-File containing only a few of my SMR's, when they were easily retrievable through the NPRC and should have been retrieved under the VA's duty to assist, and around 90 pages of medical records of other veterans. No response. However, I think the sudden C-File review was prompted by this.

I would keep the original documents of the other veterans in a secure place as proof in case you need it. You didn't request them, and had no idea they were there, but as long as you safeguard them and don't use them for any other purpose, except as possible evidence of wrongdoing on the VA's part, you are probably safe. That's what I did.

I also did it to hopefully slow down their NOD response to buy myself more time to obtain an IME/IMO to better substantiate my claims. Only time will tell if that works out.

Peace out,

Mark