VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Suppose

Rate this question

bigjim

Question

lets say that I rec 100% for my sc prostate cancer,

plus 70% for my ptsd, plus my military retirement,

so how does VA figure this one out, I am sure it has happen

before, which will they pay comp for,,,tks///bigjim

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Bigjim-if this happened- you would appear to be eligible for CRSC-Combat Related Special COmpensation:

https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/crsc/

Also there has been much discussion on this type of comp at Military.com:

http://www.military.com/benefits/military-...al-compensation

I suggest you find in the Schedule of ratings , 38 CFR -at hadit- what level of rating the prostrate cancer should be found in,based on your medical evidence.

• HadIt.com Elder

First of all, if this were to happen, you would be receiving SMC (Special Monthly Compensation) because you would have one disability at 100% and additional disabilities the equal to 60% or more. I think this is the "S" award. I'm not sure how much this is in addition to the 100% rate.

Second, it all depends if these disabilities are due to combat or not, if you were retired with 20 years of service, or if you retired before the 20 years due to disability ect...

There are just too many variables to be able to give a definate answer. As Berta stated, you might want to check out military.com. There they have numerous discussions on this topic.

Vike 17

I was thinking the SMC too- as Vike did- but the reality is that prostate cancer can be caught in time- I have seen staggered Prostrate cancer awards and believe that the VA can even find it is treated to the point it is not disabling.

I could be wrong and would need to check this out-

I saw one BVA case for prostrate cancer where the vet was only given a "0" SC award. I guess they treated it promptly and he had no residuals.

Then again I have a vet friend they buggered big time years ago for prostrate cancer which spread elsewhere and they pay him 100% rate under Sec 1151.(malpractice)