VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

All Claims At Once Or A Few At A Time?

Rate this question

auenone

Question

Was wondering if it's better to dump all of your claims, like 6 or 7, or 2 at a time. Did 3 the first time and got all 3 of them and appealing one and now have a few more. Seems the time involved would be the factor.

Also, filed the appeal in August 2014 and the VARO called yesterday telling me I would have either a C&P outside the VA or at the VA hospital. Or they would let me know their decision next week. Keeping my fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

Good luck to all with your claims and appeals.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would file all of them at once!

We never know about the VA decisions? if anything...to start the EED on all your claims.

jmo

..........................Buck!

The lady I talked to at 827-1000, asking how long the appeal would take, said it would depend on how many things you are appealing. Seeing that mine was done within 7ish months and only had one item on the appeal, I think the VAROs are picking the easy ones and getting them off their desks so they can show how much they are doing. I guess I'll file the FDC and see what happens. Thanks for your response and good luck with anything you have going.

I have had 4 FDC claims in the last two years, including a current FDC. I have had 6 or more on each claim, but I have seen some Vets have better luck with 1 or 2 on each claim, and others take the same time with more. My current claim has 8 or 9 conditions and it looks to complete in less than 6 months, and I live in Tx with the sucky Waco RO. Good luck either way, and God Bless!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Many of the VSO's give conflicting advice as to one at a time, or all at once.

The Law basically reads that the VA is supposed to look at the evidence submitted, and decide if further

issues are in need of consideration. That aside, since it's rather obvious that this does not always happen as it should,

The more straightforward and simple the claim, the better when it comes to rapid resolution.

It's obvious that making a claim for a minor issue, even though it's well documented and so forth may be more work than it's worth.

On the other hand, it does establish a claims file, and an initial EDD. If there are related problems (secondary, etc.) it may

also help establish a EDD for them, if it can be proven that they should have been considered as an implied part of the original claim.

This assumes that a veteran is filing/pursuing a claim "pro-se", since lawyers, etc. only get really involved after a denial and in the appeals process.

Remember that the VA will normally not do more than it's obligated to do, (if that) and typically does less than you would think.

The above opinion is my personal one, and is not intended in any way to be taken as legal advice.

The only time the VA seemed to actually attempt to consider and award secondary and implied issues in my claims was done as part of the Nehmer review.

Even then, they ignored an obvious CUE in a previously denied claim, possibly because it did not fall under the A.O. umbrella.