rafebanks

100% P And T. Are There Addition Employment Services For Spouse.

14 posts in this topic

I am inquiring about services for my spouse other than the 10 point bump for fed and state tests. I haven't been able to get a straight answer on additional services/help with employment.

Thank you.

Rafe

Edited by rafebanks

It depends, what is he or her SC for. If it is a 100% mental condition, then the VA typically does not want to see the Vet working. There are Vet Rehabilitation coordinators that help with Vocational Job Help at the VA. Also if the Vet is on SSDI there is employment opportunities thru the SSA.

Are you a OIF/OEF vet? If so she can get money as your caretaker I believe. If you are an old RVN vet you are screwed on that count. No paid caretaker for you or me. We don't deserve it . Same goes for all vets before 9/11. Another kick in the yarbells for older vets who need it the most.

John

1 person likes this

Rafe, John is correct, my wife is paid on the Highest Tier to be my Caregiver, but as stated above you have to be a post 911 Vet. It is a very hard program to get approved for, but if eligible you have nothing to lose to put in for it. Takes about 5 to 6 months to get thru the application process.

Thanks for the responses. My wife does receive the caregiver stipend. I am the veteran who is 100% p and t. Let me try to clarify. I want to know if there are any employment services available for my spouse, not for me.

I'd wonder if the gory details of the caregiver scheme might impact things. Not being eligible for the program, I never bothered to look at the details.

The question that is of concern - Should or can a (full time?) caregiver also have an unrelated full time job?

Popular Forums Common VA Disabilities