vlb-all-products.jpg

Get Every E-Book and Video with Member Discount Code HADIT2016

Popular Forums Common VA Disabilities

rafebanks

100% P And T. Are There Addition Employment Services For Spouse.

Question

rafebanks    4

I am inquiring about services for my spouse other than the 10 point bump for fed and state tests. I haven't been able to get a straight answer on additional services/help with employment.

Thank you.

Rafe

Edited by rafebanks

13 answers to this question

Navy04    677

It depends, what is he or her SC for. If it is a 100% mental condition, then the VA typically does not want to see the Vet working. There are Vet Rehabilitation coordinators that help with Vocational Job Help at the VA. Also if the Vet is on SSDI there is employment opportunities thru the SSA.

john999    676

Are you a OIF/OEF vet? If so she can get money as your caretaker I believe. If you are an old RVN vet you are screwed on that count. No paid caretaker for you or me. We don't deserve it . Same goes for all vets before 9/11. Another kick in the yarbells for older vets who need it the most.

John

• Like 1

Navy04    677

Rafe, John is correct, my wife is paid on the Highest Tier to be my Caregiver, but as stated above you have to be a post 911 Vet. It is a very hard program to get approved for, but if eligible you have nothing to lose to put in for it. Takes about 5 to 6 months to get thru the application process.

rafebanks    4

Thanks for the responses. My wife does receive the caregiver stipend. I am the veteran who is 100% p and t. Let me try to clarify. I want to know if there are any employment services available for my spouse, not for me.

Chuck75    499

I'd wonder if the gory details of the caregiver scheme might impact things. Not being eligible for the program, I never bothered to look at the details.

The question that is of concern - Should or can a (full time?) caregiver also have an unrelated full time job?

Navy04    677

Now my wife works part time 4 days a week at a Diner, as the VA recommended her get out of the house for a bit, as due to the many Physical and Mental problems that I have, the VA did not want her to go crazy either. Now they did tell my Wife that she was not allowed to work full time or the Caregiver Stipend would be taken away. I don't get what you are asking bud, because with you and your Wives income, you should be doing just fine. I know some Vets try to make as much as possible income wise, but it can come back to hurt you in the end and in fact end up losing some benefits. If she just wants to get out of the house some, she can clean homes, work at a Diner a little or even Volunteer. God Bless and good luck either way!!!