VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Everything Got Denied!

Rate this question

ranger11bv

Question

ranger11bv,

According to the VA, they denied your claims because your SMRs did not contain evidence of the conditions you claimed and you also failed to report for a VA C & P exam.

If your SMRs contain evidence of your claimed medical conditions, you should fight the denial. If they did not, you will need some strong evidence showing your conditions were incurred in or caused by your military service. A strong IMO showing a nexus might work but it will have to be supported by reasonable medical rationale.

In regards to failing to show up for a scheduled C & P exam, if this is true, you made a big mistake. Always show up for C & P exams. If the VA scheduled an exam and you missed the exam because the VA failed to notify you, you should have let the VA know you were not notified so they could have rescheduled the exam.

If you have additional info you can post which can give Hadit members more insight into your claims, perhaps we would be in a better position to help you.

GP

You can hit them up with a NOD, and let them know what circumstance existed that prevented you from going to their C&P examination, and request another date. Meanwhile, probably will be a good idea to go out and get a privately done Independent Medical Examination with an accompanying IMO to help trump any VA sponsored examination results.

Have a great weekend, and keep up the fight!

Mark

Sorry to hear of your issues bud, but I have to agree with Georgia on this one. I just had to drive over a thousand miles in one week with my family to multiple C&Ps at 2 different VAs, which sucked. Good luck and I wish you the best.

• HadIt.com Elder

I can tell you that the real reason for the denials was for not showing up for the C&P exams. Are you a combat vet and have any combat medals, badges or ribbons? If you were the reasoning for the denial of PTSD is bogus. One thing is that once you file your NOD you can hire a lawyer to help you. The most important thing is to show up for the exams and if denied to file a NOD. You might be able to agree to come in and take the exams and ask the VA to take a second look.. However, you must file a NOD within one year of this decision regardless of what else happens. If there is one dot you don't agree with file the NOD and include every condition you claimed. The fact I did not file a NOD in 1973 probably cost me a could of hundred grand over the years. Also, you should go to the VA for treatment of all you claimed SC conditions. This will set you up for evidence for appeals and goes along with Chronicity and continuity of your disabilities.

John