VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ab8 Timeline

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

i have been searching for specific info regarding the AB8 letter. what im looking for is a time table that the AB8 gets generated in ebbenies or at least gets posted. my position is, claim decided 03/12/15 letter sent (according to 800#) 03/12/15... as of yet nothing has changed my AB8 letter and i know that if i was granted at least 10% my combined should go to 56 so then rounded would be 60% from now 50% and that should be on a AB8 letter. just wondering if i actually have any hopes to a win. problem for me is, i have always seen AB8 changes on decision date. any good thoughts out there ?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I responded in your other post. Now I understand your question. Your letter should have updated but Ebenefits has problems with being up to date and by many here they don't seem to think it is very reliable. I personally haven't had any trouble. Perhaps with the claim decision finalizing just 2 days ago you might want to give it a few more days.

Some ROs update ebenefit info faster than others. I agree with Joe. Give it a few more days. Also keep checking your direct deposit account for retro pay deposit.

Also, info from the VA 800# is not always reliable. I called the 800# once regarding my mother's annual DIC benefits letter and was told the letter was sent the day I called. My mother received the letter a week later and the letter was dated five days after the day I called.

Good luck.

GP

still as of today 3/17/15. No letter in mail. no change on AB8 and No change in my bank account. and No change in the comp application contentions. but yes it says it was closed on 3/11/2015 and yes 800# says they mailed it and made me re-say my mailing address to make sure it was mailed. anyway,, looks like another denial but im just sick of the va not being able to give us a straight answer untill we know the answer from mail. whats the purpose ? if they see the decision but are not able to talk about it.. crazy way to run an agency funded by tax payers/veterans

for any vet that has a similar situation i figured id update my status.

i today 3/19/15 actually got a good person to talk with at the 800# they told me that yes, my claim from 12/11/14 was closed but to stop waiting for a letter.

see, i have an appeal at the bva and the new claim was so similar/or contained parts that actually related to my appeal so the va (RO) closed my claim and refer it to the BVA and into my appeal. so yes ebennies shows that my claim was decided and a decision was mailed but what really happened was that the RO passed the buck over to the BVA so that it will then have to just be remanded back to the RO because the RO decided not to make a decision. so this is all why i do not have an updated AB8 because there really was no decision made on the claim.

I very familiar with ebenefits,but what is the AB8 letter? is it located under V.A. Letters?