VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

03/11/2015 Substantive Appeal (Form 9) Ro

Rate this question

waltbarb

Question

I am guessing that your Board appeal is still at the RO awaiting certification before it goes to the Board. This can take a very long time depending on whether you have any other claims or appeals being adjudicated at the same time.

You can email an IRIS inquiry to the VA to determine the whereabouts of your Board appeal. They should easily be able to confirm the status.

Walt: Did you appeal to BVA? Check out 2014 BVA Decisions, not unusual to see claims that are 5+ years old and then their getting a large number of Remands. My DRO Hearing requested 2010 didn't get on deck till 06/14, 41/2 years. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to figure out exactly where your claim is located and when it's going to get heard. From what most Vets including myself have found that to be an exercise in futility. Unless your one of the few hardship cases that get a bump in the hearing line, it's 1st come 1st served. It doesn't sound like you've received any VARO notification regarding your appeal being Certified and transfered to the BVA with a Docket number assigned. Have you received the 90 day N&M Evidence Cut off letter from your VARO yet? Am I reading your previous post right, looks like your about 18 mos since filling your appeal? Things may have change regarding appeals wait times but I doubt it. Looks like you have 3+ yrs ahead for a BVA Hearing, maybe shorter if you opted for Traveling Board or Video Hearing. Any Appeals info would be appreciate.

Semper Fi

Gastone

What type of BVA hearing did you request?

Semper Fi

Gastone

I think your way past the point of not wanting a BVA Hearing, yes/no? Dependant on what you or your Rep put on the Form 9, your VARO could be getting ready to Certify your Claim. Next stop BVA.

Hold one, does the Form 9 even give you an option for anything other than how & where your BVA Appeal is heard? I thought you were just given the choice of DC, Traveling Board or Video Hearing, right? What exactly did you or your Rep on your Form 9.

Semper Fi

Gastone