VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Location Assignment Of New Claims Filed In E-Benefits?

Rate this question

CBaker84

Question

My claims with the RO that I was dealing with have now been closed. My understanding is that I can now open a new claim and it would be opened int he location I currently am? I'm just really trying not to get the same RO. Call it a bad omen, bad luck or whatever, but I have had some really bad mistakes from them and want to avoid at all costs opening a new claim and having it being assigned to the Honolulu RO.

Does anyone have some insight into how they are assigning new claims opened in e-benefits? I have everything electronic, so it's easy for me, but if I need to do it on paper at the local RO i would do so.

Thoughts?

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

The VA most always assigns the claims to your local RO, unless they are booked solid, and then the VA will farm the claim out to the next available RO. I have had 4 FDC claims, including my current claim, at the Waco RO, which is documented as one of the Worst ROs in the country, yet everything that I have filed as been denied at first, and granted later. I always tell Vets, that as long as you have the documented Medical Evidence in front of the VA and Raters, they will have to grant the Conditions SC sooner or later. I have had over 30 C&Ps in the last two years, and only a few went well or the Doc was nice, but guess what when the Evidence is there, they just cant argue with it, no matter if the Rater or C&P Doc is an AS********. Good luck and God Bless!!!