VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can Anybody Help Answer This Question

Rate this question

jessie0054

Question

Hello:

While web surfing i can up with something i thought very interesting comment in reguard to Agent Orange.

The comment stated that the" Agent Orange was mixed with JP4 and JP5 jet fuels during the Vietnam War to give the defoliant some stickiness to adhere to the plants"

Anybody know if this is true??

Where might it be Documented??

Please!! This might be very important to a number of Vietnam Vets who claims to Agent Orange were turned down because their type of Cancer or other health issues wasn't one said caused by Agent Orange.

But i'm thinking it might be related to the Jet Fuel Instead.

Thanks,

Jessie

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Dave Barker ran this by members at Mil.com:

http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/tp...221/m/549109732

first I heard of this mix---but it makes sense- they needed the AO to stick to the jungle leaves. The problem is this however:

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts76.html

So far there has not been an association found between the JP fules and cancer.

I have followed the Agent Orange issue since the AO Settlement Fund was established.What was always unusual to me regarding the fund was that-if a veteran was declared totally disabled by SSA and I guess VA awards of 100% too- the veteran., upon proof of exposure to AO- got into the settlement-regardless of disability.

What also got me was that- in spite of detailed info in his application to the fund they turned my husband down.

We appealed this and I asked the Judge point blank for assurance that whatever they sprayed on Ashau Valley would not cause my husband to have additional health problems.

The judge quickly replied that they had reviewed his mil records again, found he was exposed, and sent him the money.

I started to think they probably denied many many AO vets right off the bat and maybe only those who appealed got into the fund.

I believe in time the VA will find many other disabilities have been caused by AO.

It pays to file a VA claim regardless of the disability and state that it was caused by Agent Orange exposure-

of course an IMO from an environmental doctor can also support this type of claim.

Edited by Berta

Dave Barker ran this by members at Mil.com:

http://forums.military.com/eve/forums/a/tp...221/m/549109732

first I heard of this mix---but it makes sense- they needed the AO to stick to the jungle leaves. The problem is this however:

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts76.html

So far there has not been an association found between the JP fules and cancer.

Berta

I do believe maybe there have not been any Cancers they say linked of the JP fuels, But look to the Componets such as Benzene!! And the Fumes and Exhaust of the Jet Fuels.

I have been in contact recently with 2 Veterans of the Vietnam War who share a common Bone Marrow Disorder and Cancer with my son a GWV.

In my son's case his Oncologist gave an answer Yes to my son's Cancer and Bone Marrow Disorder being caused by the Fumes and Exhaust of the Jet Fuel.

I just think it might be worth looking into!! Just a thought!!

I believe in time the VA will find many other disabilities have been caused by AO.

It pays to file a VA claim regardless of the disability and state that it was caused by Agent Orange exposure-

of course an IMO from an environmental doctor can also support this type of claim.

Jessie