VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Question

Rate this question

Albert

Question

I am 100% Permanent.

I just had a C & P exam for Dental Issue secondary to Multiple Scloresis.

My Question is that even though I cant get any additional monetary amount for being 100%. Could I get a one time monetary Award if I am Given a percentage on the award that I went for the C & P Exam?

Thanks,
Albert Matt

Purple Heart

Southwest Asia Service Medal.

Armed Forces Expeditionaty Medal

100% SC

Civil Service Med Retired GS 9.

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

No, not to my knowledge. Once you are 100%, the only way I know to receive any additional funds, would be thru Special Monthly Compensation. There is also around $600 a year if your service connected disability(s) cause excessive wear or damage to your clothing. Others will probably chime in soon.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

I am 100% Permanent.

My Question is that even though I cant get any additional monetary amount for being 100%. Could I get a one time monetary Award if I am Given a percentage on the award that I went for the C & P Exam?

Thanks,

Albert Matt

Purple Heart

100% SC

In short the direct answer to your question is you cannot get a onetime monetary award.

The longer answer would involve such things as an 1151 claim for malpractice, or a federal tort claims action.

SMC is the main method of compensation used by the VA for payment beyond the 100% rate.

I am 100% Permanent.

Thanks,

Albert Matt

Purple Heart

100% SC

The crazy one here

Yes, the answer to your question is yes.

After being rated 100% service connected a vet CAN receive a (one time) retro payment if he/she filed the claim prior to being awarded 100% or if the claim was deferred or on appeal. Either way the claim must have been claimed prior to the 100% rating and a retro payment is due.

Oftentimes VA will grant a veteran 100% and deffer some issues or a veteran would be granted 100% and have an appeal going on at the same time. Once the deffered issues/or the appeal is processed, if the date of claim is prior to the 100% rating and the new award is 10% or greater then the veteran is due a retro payment.

Hope this helps

Others may still chime in

P.S. Almost forgot about CUE claims, if a Cue claim is granted after a veteran is awarded 100% then the veteran is also due a retro payment.

Edited by pete992

Welcome aboard Albert!

The Purple heart... are they paying you for muscular damage, as well as scarring?

How long ago did uyou get the 100%?

Has anything gotten worse since then that could eventually put you into the SMC S category?

The greatest CUE claim I ever read was from a PH vet, with GSW.

VA said the wound was "thorugh and through" bullet went right in and right out and didnt want to pay him for either scarring or muscular damage.

He fixed them. It is precendent VA case law.

But maybe they did rate you right. ...???

Myler V Derwinski I might have posted it on the pre 2005 board here and will find it.

It inspired me to be able to succeed in CUE claims.

Here it is in this thread:

More discussions on Myler V Derwinski here