VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Accurate Is The Ab8 Benefit Verification On Ebenefits?

Rate this question

Jaymega

Question

Hi. I'll try and keep this short. I was curious about my claim status so I called the VA the other day. I was told that my claim is in the final verification phase and I can expect a letter in roughly 30 days or so.

So I am off today and I decide to take another crack at Ebenefits. Got access to my account and did what the VA rep suggested to upgrade. Worked great. I notice that I have two claims for the same date. One is closed, the other still open. I assume an error. My claim is still in the "Gathering evidence" phase. I notice the following.

Decision Notification Sent

Development Letter Sent

Okay. Not sure what that means, but after some exploring I check out the Benefit Verification in documents. It states I am rated at 10%.

My question is this. Is that accurate? It's better than nothing, but with the doctors reviewing me stating I suffer from Anxiety, depression, Poor memory/Other TBI symptoms,Migranes and Tinitus...I kind of expected more. Plus I just had a hearing test (the third one) last month and this letter seems like it was decided late last year.

I dunno. Should I hope for more or should I just prepare for a permanent 10%?

Jaymega,

It is usually accurate but mistakes are made by the VA. Hopefully, you will find out in the near future.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

GP

Okay. Thanks. I'm not gonna get too upset about this. My friend got nothing after his third time appealing. I'll use this money to buy beer every month.

Jay mega,

Don't get discouraged until you receive official notice. Also, a lot of people currently at 100% started at 10%, including myself. Do not give up.

Good luck.

GP

look at it like a win my friend. the big door that has a ton of gate keepers and pad locks has just been slightly opened up for you... trust me its a win.

i received just 10% at first as well, 2 years later im at 50% and got about two years in retro.... your still on a long road but its A WIN... Congrats !!!!!!!!

It seems like you should get more then 10% from what you suffer from.Yes,be happy for the win,as it cracked the door open for you.Goodluck bud.

No need to worry until you get the official Document Letter. It could be that the VA awarded 10% and deferred other conditions for review or possible SC. Really just hard to know what the VA is thinking without the letter. I too was 80% VA in Feb 14, when I was medically retired from the Navy. Less than a year later I was awarded 100% SC VA, and SSDI, when my dang local VSO said that I would never get either. Good Luck and God Bless!!!