VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Report

Rate this question

JohnM

Question

We recieved John's report today, Please tell us what this all means

PTSD----GAF score----60

Degenerative joint disease of lumbar spine is at least as likely as not

Right shoulder joint disease this is at least as likely as not

DMII

Peripheral neurpthathy both lower extremites this is at least as likely as not

right hip joint disease this is less likely than not

As far a hearing loss and tinninus although it is on discharge papers she wrote is not caused by or a result of his military service. ( will file NOD on this).

Can anyone tell us what this all means and what kind of rating he Might get

also filed for TDIU

Thanks in advance

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

PTSD----GAF score----60

DMII

John M, I dont have a clue about the PTSD. Did they opinionate as to it was related to service?

Lumbar Spine DJD was 50 percent sure (benefit if doubt should be applied) win

Right Sshoulder was 50 percent sure (Benefit of Doubt Rule also applies) win

DMII and PN same: But remember DMII opens the door to a lot of secondary conditions down the road.win

Right Hip is less than 50 percent and will probally be denied.

PTSD----GAF score----60

DMII

John M, I dont have a clue about the PTSD. Did they opinionate as to it was related to service?

Lumbar Spine DJD was 50 percent sure (benefit if doubt should be applied) win

Right Sshoulder was 50 percent sure (Benefit of Doubt Rule also applies) win

DMII and PN same: But remember DMII opens the door to a lot of secondary conditions down the road.win

Right Hip is less than 50 percent and will probally be denied.

Jstacy:

PTSD is related to Viet Nam Combat

Thanks for your reply, that gives us something to go on, If the rating would come up to what you said should we file for NOD for the hearing?

• HadIt.com Elder

GAF of 60 plus a diagnosis of PTSD should get TDIU if not working. You are on a teter totter if you know what I mean could go either way. That said I would wait for a decision before I started preparing for a fight. Good Luck

Guest terrysturgis

Mrs. JOHNM, Absolutly NOD the tinnitus and hearing. My decision reported that on the exam I had when I got out of the service in 1970 it showed hearing loss. My MOS was artillery so that helped. I helped two veterans file for tinnitus. One an airplane engine mechanic and the other infantry ( M-60 operator). Both denied. Be sure to point out your husband's hearing loss as proven by SMR's. I am 10% bilaterial Tinnitus 0% hearing loss. From what I have seen you have to be almost deaf to get any percentage on hearing loss.

I also sent the VA a tape recording I made to my wife about Feb. 1970 full of explosions. Do more research on SMR's and send any other evidence you can come up with. Do not give up, please. Good luck! Terry Sturgis

51-60: Moderate symptoms (e.g., flat affect and circumstantial speech, occasional panic

attacks) OR moderate difficulty in social, occupational, or school functioning

(e.g., few friends, conflicts with peers or co-workers).

A GAF of 60 is the high end of this scale meaning that your symptoms are teetering between moderate to mild symptomology.

Patrick

Edited by Patrick428

The VA has said that they no longer use the GAF as an indicator of severiety of PTSD, but some say they still use it. Logically, it shouldn't be used. PTSD is the same as "shell shock". Shell shock is a dramatic effect or impact on the memory of the combat warrior. Its an mental impression that is inescapable, persistent, constant.

GAF is scored on factors that may not be related to PTSD. For instance, suicidal tendencies may not be related to PTSD. Nor, other so-called symtomologies of GAF may not be related to PTSD.

For me, PTSD has impacted me in a way that I am isolated from everyone, by choice, as it did in Vietnam after 3 months in combat. Its constant worry about seeing people die and thinking that the next may be myself. Its a BITCH.... isolation, worry....... mental breakdowns

Yes, I have denied, time and again, that I am suicidal.......... but 20 years ago, I sold all my weapons..... 2 pistols, Beretta 92F and Walther PP-32, and my 308 rifle. Why? I didn't want a weapon that could take my life so close by, so I got rid of them.

Using a GAF score is just not logical to me in determining a rating for PTSD. NO.

Army I am new at this game but I do agree with you, i had a PTSD exam last monday, GAF 35. how can they but a number be side a mental condition, if they aint using it then why are they useing it<

it just doesnt make sense but then again nothing about the VA suprizes me..bigjim