VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My First Payment Is Way Larger Than What It Should Be

Rate this question

schmitty918

Question

I got my first payment for VA disability a few days ago. I little over 14,000. While that is great an all, I searched around and I found my approval letter on ebennifits and I was approved for 50%(around $850 a month) starting December 1st, 2014. The math doesn't make any sense. Can someone please explain this to me? At first I was thinking it was the last installment of my enlistment bonus, but I'm pretty sure that money comes from a the Army, not the VA and I was discharged early so I wasn't expecting that anyway.

Unless the worm has turned, Retro Check gets deposited about week before actual award envelope arrives. More is always better and not to many Vets (myself included) are accurate in determining here on the nose retro $$. So that leaves you with the old "Gift Horsesw Mouth," don't look in to it. If and when the VA realizes an error, you';ll be one of the 1st to know, right after they snatch the over-payment out of your Direct Deposit Account. Of course you could transfer the $14K to another account at the same or different Bank. Then you would know of the error when you don't get your monthly comp deposit.

What did you compute as to what your Retro should have been?? Will be interesting to see how far off you were.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Absolutely arng11,the VA is no differant then the IRS.Many years ago I owed the VA over $1200 in co pays.They took my federal tax return.It was my responsibility to pay,so I really can't blame them.