VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Duplicate C&p Medical Appointments?

Rate this question

seejeremy

Question

Hi everyone. I've been a lurker here for a long time and I have learned a lot of information that has kept me sane (mostly!) during the claims process. I filed my claim in November 2013, a month after I separated. Before I separated, a medical board was done and I was rated at 80% by the VA for sleep apnea, depression, sciatica, tracheotomy scar and maybe something else that I am forgetting. I was also rated at 0% for a few things. Because my separation was a regular separation and not a medical separation, I had to start a whole new claim with the VA and start the process from scratch. This is the short version of a very long story.

In January of this year my claim moved from "Under Review" to "Preparation for Decision." After it was in the PFD phase, I received a letter from the VA listing 2 C&P appointments for March 31st, one for the physical conditions and one for the mental conditions. Today I received a call from "QTC" stating that they are a contractor for the VA and need to schedule me for a physical appointment and a psych appointment for my C&P claims. My immediate thought was "why would they schedule me twice for the same thing?" Or is the VA maybe looking at some conditions at one appointment and other conditions at another appoinment? Also, why would I have C&P appointments after my claim is in the PFD phase? The only contentions in my claim are the same ones that the VA rated in 2011.

Forgive me if this is too long. I thought I was nearing the end of this journey, but now I am thinking that I still have a while to go.

Thanks for your help.

Jeremy

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Hi everyone. I've been a lurker here for a long time and I have learned a lot of information that has kept me sane (mostly!) during the claims process. I filed my claim in November 2013, a month after I separated. Before I separated, a medical board was done and I was rated at 80% by the VA for sleep apnea, depression, sciatica, tracheotomy scar and maybe something else that I am forgetting. I was also rated at 0% for a few things. Because my separation was a regular separation and not a medical separation, I had to start a whole new claim with the VA and start the process from scratch. This is the short version of a very long story.

In January of this year my claim moved from "Under Review" to "Preparation for Decision." After it was in the PFD phase, I received a letter from the VA listing 2 C&P appointments for March 31st, one for the physical conditions and one for the mental conditions. Today I received a call from "QTC" stating that they are a contractor for the VA and need to schedule me for a physical appointment and a psych appointment for my C&P claims. My immediate thought was "why would they schedule me twice for the same thing?" Or is the VA maybe looking at some conditions at one appointment and other conditions at another appoinment? Also, why would I have C&P appointments after my claim is in the PFD phase? The only contentions in my claim are the same ones that the VA rated in 2011.

Forgive me if this is too long. I thought I was nearing the end of this journey, but now I am thinking that I still have a while to go.

Thanks for your help.

Jeremy

Anytime a C&P is scheduled - show up for it, as missing a C&P exam is one of the

worst things one can do.

jmho

Anytime a C&P is scheduled - show up for it, as missing a C&P exam is one of the

worst things one can do.

jmho

My plan is definitely to show up for both of them. It is my other questions that I am more looking for help with.

Thanks.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

What Carlie said.

There's no telling why the VA (or their contractors) do some things, but if you hear about an upcoming C&P exam, don't miss it!

My current FDC was filed in Nov 14, it went to Prep for Decision from Dec-Jan 15. Then all of a sudden claim went back to Gathering of Evidence, and VA scheduled 8 C&Ps at 2 different VAs, then the VA decided to Review most of my high Conditions, even though I was not up for Review until Feb 2016. Long story short, is that you really never know what the VA is up to. I know one thing, don't give up and keep us posted. Good luck and God Bless!!!

Thank you all for the answers. Just as I suspected, more hurry up and wait! I'm learning more about enduring patience with every passing month.

Thanks again.

Edited by seejeremy