VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Sure If Iu/pt Or Tdiu

Rate this question

LivinginHell

Question

Just confused by this whole mess... My VA counsler was talking to me about jobs when IU runs out (guess she thought it was only good for a few years). Started my normal worrying about everything. Looked at my award letter and states granted IU but no mention of PT or Temp. I looked at my letter generator on Ebenes and no commisary letters but PEGGY from 800 number sent me letter to get MIL ID for comm/px. My letter on ebenes says Im no PT because revaluation is set for nov 2018... But I called PEGGY and was sent a letter stating P and T but not for any specific aliment.... See my confusion now...

I receive SSI before my IU was granted but im so confused..... Am I P and T (so I can get my son on Champva)????

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

on Ebennies, does it say your combined disability percentage,

then another line say you are being paid at the 100% rate due to unemployability, ? Yes or no, I'm assuming yes based on your post.

then under it says is this considered permanent & total? you said No, but woman on phone gave information to the contrary. She may have been mistaken. If you have a reevaluation date then unfortunately it is not considered p&T, but also doesnt mean you lose your rating. It just means they will bring you in for another C&P exam to confirm your rating or in rare occasion reduce, which can always be appealed if it ever came to that. I would relax and get the help you need.

What did you VA rating say when you rec'd the decision letter when you were approved TDIU? it will state clearly in it if you are P&T. I hope that you are to relieve the stress but assume you are not.

If the award letter doesnt state chapter 35 benefits and a section that states no future exams, which means P&T. If you remain stable at your rating for 5yrs, they will usually consider it P&T.

Just trying to help

This is what it says for IU rating:

Entitlement to IU is granted because claimant is unable to secure or follow a substantially gainful occupation as a result of service-connected disabilities. (38 CFR 3.326 ACE - PME: SSA)...

Nothing more. Doesnt state anything else about it. But the funny part is that it shows my monthy award amount effective date and when it will be reduced due to kids turning 18. Also it states about my PTSD will have eval at future date.

Also, I applied for 100% reeval for PTSD and it states "Your claim for 100 percent for PTSD is considered mute as you now meet the scheduler 100 percent criteria. You are being paid 100% level because of IU... again no where it states tdiu or pt

Edited by LivinginHell

yea sounds very strange. If you have the Tan ID card you are 100%. The question would only matter if it is P&T, but you mentioned a date, which to me, would mean a reevaluation C&P in 2018. Granted the P&T status, is like a gold standard and VA doesnt want to give out the gold standard often as they hope(doesnt mean it will make it work), that you will improve.

yea i just had emergency sinus surgery due to blockage in which during my C/P exam they just told me i has sinus issues (and rated 0% SC)... i wont push the VA anymore or mess with them (ask for anything) unless i have to....