VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Without Notification

Rate this question

marinevet61

Question

I recently found a c&p note in myhealthevet that was completed by a MD in Asheville VAMC.

I am a Camp Lejeune vet and have a claim for Camp Lejeune contaminated water. All Camp

Lejeune claims are supposed to be at the Louisville Ky RO. The examiner stated that my cfile

And my military medical records were used along with 5 studies from Vistaweb Webcrawler,which

Was not in detail only web addresses.This exam was done February 13 2015,the examiner did not

Have my medical evidence to review,because it was not entered into the system until February

19 2015. The term TREMOR was used by the examiner, this is incorrect. The correct term is

Tumor. Can this exam be used against me or can I ask for this to be reconsidered? Any advice

Will be greatly appreciated.

Marinevet61

I would ask them for a correction right away.

I suggest you use the IRIS system (ask for email reply) and/or (maybe using both is better)

send the Director of the VAMC and your VARO an email.

I have all VARO Director email addys if you need it.

"Can this exam be used against me or can I ask for this to be reconsidered? Any advice
Will be greatly appreciated."

Yes they can use anything like this against you.

There is a tremendous difference between tumor and tremors.

We have the wife of a Camp Lejeune vet here who did get an award for his disability under the bad water regulations.

That is such a major error that they need to get on it right away.

I assume to (having been through this many times) that the examiner probably made more medical errors in the exam as well.

I am fighting over a posthumous C & P opinion now. Not a single statement in the report was medically accurate or true.

I dont believe any medical person even prepared it

The opinion went against an probative and favorable opinion from a top cardio doctor who works for VA Central.

I was denied any statement as to why they didn't apply Relative Equipoise (Benefit of Doubt)

This resulted from me contacting Ms. Hickey in February as my RO had never acknowledged 2 claims I filed in late 2012.

The claims then were immediately denied and I took fast action.

They are now being reviewed at VA Central.

Also you can contact the Secretary or Under Secretary.

Robert.A.McDonald@va.gov Secretary VA

Allison.Hickey@va.gov UnderSecretary VA

Welcome here and Thank you for your service!

Edited by Berta

This concerns me too:

"This exam was done February 13 2015,the examiner did not
Have my medical evidence to review,because it was not entered into the system until February
19 2015. "

Totally agree with Berta, and make sure you do this asap, as the more time goes by, gives the VA more time to screw with you. Good luck and God Bless!!!

Yes do as Mrs. Berta says!!!!! She is the Queen of this site and knows more than the VA knows! I rebutted the second I noticed mine but it also put me into a spiral downward due to my mental conditions. Did not know c@p examiners could and would do that behind your back. I guess they don't know we have myhealth blue button and can see almost everything in our records. Some of it is hidden though, I found that out when I went to records department and asked for a certain evaluation. It was in there but said not available to patient. Lady was nice enough to print it off for me