VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet And Wife Indicted For Fraud

Berta

This fraud stuff ticks me off to no end.

I am assuming this vet dealt with my RO.

How can a RO who had a staggering error rate a few years ago (now down to 16%)based on the 100 or less claims the VA OIG checks every few years, award this vet ,that has been indicted for fraud, , yet will treat valid claimants like they are wannabees ,without properly considering their evidence?

Vet indicted for Fraud
http://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr/holland-man-charged-connection-fraudulent-receipt-veterans-benefits-and-workers
In part:
BUFFALO, N.Y.-- U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul, Jr. announced today that Richard Klaffka, 56, of Holland, N.Y., was charged by criminal complaint in connection with the defendant’s receipt of benefits from the Veterans’ Administration and Workers’ Compensation under false pretenses. Klaffka is charged with making false statements, mail fraud, wire fraud, and fraud. The charges carry a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison, a fine of $250,000 or both.

Correction, he was charged, not indicted and maybe the wife was not charged at all....

I got this mixed up with another case.......

Still, how the heck does this happen, while deserving vets can end up penniless waiting for a proper SC award

He should get life,without parole.This is a disgrace.

That is BS. How did he get by the VA examinations? How did he get his claim approved?

Many veterans including myself go through hell to get correct diagnosis and treatment. We look for help for our problems and this SOB walks through the system and then enjoys a pain free life celebrating daily.

Burns my ass up!

You are so right Berta, as a young 100% vet, I feel like I have to work twice as hard for what little the VA does, yet people like these guys milk the VA for every undeserved dollar they can. Thanks for the info