VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Vet And Wife Indicted For Fraud

Berta

This fraud stuff ticks me off to no end.

I am assuming this vet dealt with my RO.

How can a RO who had a staggering error rate a few years ago (now down to 16%)based on the 100 or less claims the VA OIG checks every few years, award this vet ,that has been indicted for fraud, , yet will treat valid claimants like they are wannabees ,without properly considering their evidence?

Vet indicted for Fraud
http://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr/holland-man-charged-connection-fraudulent-receipt-veterans-benefits-and-workers
In part:
BUFFALO, N.Y.-- U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul, Jr. announced today that Richard Klaffka, 56, of Holland, N.Y., was charged by criminal complaint in connection with the defendant’s receipt of benefits from the Veterans’ Administration and Workers’ Compensation under false pretenses. Klaffka is charged with making false statements, mail fraud, wire fraud, and fraud. The charges carry a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison, a fine of $250,000 or both.

Correction, he was charged, not indicted and maybe the wife was not charged at all....

I got this mixed up with another case.......

Still, how the heck does this happen, while deserving vets can end up penniless waiting for a proper SC award

That is BS. How did he get by the VA examinations? How did he get his claim approved?

Many veterans including myself go through hell to get correct diagnosis and treatment. We look for help for our problems and this SOB walks through the system and then enjoys a pain free life celebrating daily.

Burns my ass up!

• Like 1

You are so right Berta, as a young 100% vet, I feel like I have to work twice as hard for what little the VA does, yet people like these guys milk the VA for every undeserved dollar they can. Thanks for the info

• Like 1

What a piece of crap this guy is,his wife is just as guilty.He appeared in court March 20th,2014,anyone know the outcome? Presumed innocent until proven guilty my ass.

UPDATE

I must have psychic powers like Ms Cleo.........

They were BOTH Indicted.

http://www.justice.gov/usao-wdny/pr/holland-couple-indicted-connection-fraudulent-receipt-veterans-benefits-and-workers

• HadIt.com Elder

Anytime there is money involved, some creative thinking people will find a way to get it. He is likely one of many doing the same thing.

For example. A big city had staged a bus accident. The bus hit a pole. There was a stunt driver on board. Several people boarded that bus claiming they were passengers.

Another story is these 2 folks in Gilbertsville KY. They had fished Bass Tournaments. They fished during the week and caught fish. Those fish were placed in submerged basket and on tournament day they would pull up to the basket and unload their catch.

The penalties for this type of fraud should be very severe. The punishment should reflect the crime. The fishermen should be put into a basket and submerged.

The crook who stole VA benefits should be medically altered to reflect the condition he was faking.

J

I hope there sentence is harsh,I can't believe they stole $1,000,000.Most of that I'm sure is VA money.Sickening.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA doctors must not have examined him. Anyone who uses a wheelchair, regularly, would have their leg muscles atrophy and arm muscles/strength would increase. I think 99yrs, w/o parole, would be a good sentence AND she should be charged, also, as a co-conspirator, w/the same sentence! jmo

pr

• Like 1

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT. This is a disgrace and makes me sick. Wow. These are the people that make things so difficult for people who actually need help, who deserve help and relief. Stone em I say. Nah just kidding. Well maybe. People like this should be made an example of.

• Like 1

• HadIt.com Elder

When you see this check out the rating officer. Sounds like a scam where he hot kickbacks for approval.

Pretty amazing......they are adversarial to anybody that is honest in their claims, even the smallest, but somebody can just show up and pretend to be wheelchair-bound and they start cutting checks. I have to admit that the part about him pitching iron horseshoes was interesting though.

Hang'em Both!

..............................Buck!

• Like 1

They didn't do that great a job of carrying out the scam once they left the hospital, evidently. Someone knew what they were up to and anonymously ratted them out, without even being in it for a reward of any kind. Either did it because it was the right thing to do, or this couple ticked them off for some reason. Either way, things worked out the way they were supposed to.

• Like 1

Did they get sentenced yet? very curious what there sentence will be.