VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dbq Explanation

Rate this question

And we all survived

Question

So I reopened my case for major depression disorder and the VA instead of using the DBQ provided my psychologist, they rather asked me to go in for another QTC appointment for evaluation (second time- 2012/2014). I have already been diagnosed and currently being treated for Major Depression Disorder with psychosis/schizophrenia by the VA. Can someone tell me what the DBQ from QTC means? Am trying to figure out the possible rating decision if am even going to get a positive one. Thanks

SECTION I

1. Diagnosis

1. Does the Veteran now have or has he/she ever been diagnosed with a mental disorder?

[X] Yes [] No

Mental Disorder Diagnosis #1: Major Depression Disorder, recurrent

1. Medical condition relevant to the understanding or management of the Mental Health disorder (to include TBI): Sleep Apnea

2. Differentiation of symptoms

a. Does the veteran have more than one mental disorder diagnosed?

[X] Yes [] No

b. Is it possible to differentiate what symptom(s) is/are attributable to each diagnosis?

[] Yes [] No [X] Not applicable (N/A)

c. Does the veteran have diagnose traumatic brain injury TBI?

[] Yes [X] No

3. Occupational and social impairment

a. Which of the following best summarizes the Veteran's level of occupational and social impairment with regards to all mental diagnoses? (Check only one)

[X] Occupational and social impairment with occasional decrease in work efficiency and intermittent periods of inability to perform occupational tasks, although generally functioning satisfactorily, with normal routine behavior, self-care and conversation

b. For the indicated level of occupational and social impairment, is it possible to differentiate what portion of the occupational and social impairment indicated above is caused by each mental disorder?

[] Yes [] No [X] No other mental disorder has been diagnosed

SECTION II

Clinical Findings

1. Evidence review

Medical Record Review

a. Was the veteran’s VA claims file reviewed?

[X] Yes [] No

b. Was the pertinent information from collateral sources reviewed?

[] Yes [X] No

1. History
  2. Symptoms

For VA rating purposes, check all that apply to the veteran’s diagnoses:

[X] Depressed mood

[X] Anxiety

[X] Suspiciousness

[X] Chronic sleep impairment

[X] Mild memory loss, such as forgetting names, directions or recent events

[X] Impaired judgment

[X] Disturbances of motivation and mood

[X] Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships

[X] Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances, including work or a work like setting

[X] Inability to establish and maintain effective relationships

[X] Suicidal ideation

1. Other symptoms

Does the veteran have any other symptoms attributable to mental disorders that are no listed above?

[] Yes [X] No

1. Competency

Is the veteran capable of managing his or her financial affairs?

[X] Yes [] No

6. Remarks

MEDICAL OPINION

(To be completed by the examiner)

1. Definitions
  2. Restatement of requested opinion
  1. Insert request opinion …
  2. Indicate type of exam for which opinion has been requested (e.g. Skin Disease):

PTSD

1. Evidence review
  2. Medical opinion for direct service connection

a. Direct service connection OPINION: The claimed condition was at least as likely as not (50 percent or greater probability) incurred in or caused by the claimed in-service injury, event, or illness. Provide rational in section c.

c. Rationale: Based on the records provided, it is at least as likely as not that claimant’s major depression disorder was incurred during his military service. Furthermore, it was caused by consistent harassment during his military service. The medical records reviewed which include in service treatment records.

Am not too sure why she said the indicated exam used was PTSD and MDD. Also, I was told by the VA (regional office) that my case was closed accidently without rating decision given and that they are reviewing it again for a decision.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet