VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc-K

Rate this question

grtone72

Question

Get one of those new 21-526 e-z electronic forms and fill it out and print. Next, find the reason you're due the SMC- K and the medical evidence to prove it. Figure out what effective date it is due from supported by the SMRs. Use that as your effective date. Asking for SMC is not so much a claims filing but an entitlement VA always seems to disremember. The date you ask for it is immaterial as it is awarded based on when you qualify(ied). K entitlements are fairly obvious. A missing arm or leg (or both). Blind in one eye, totally deaf, Masectomy(ies), having both your buttocks shot off, loss of or loss of use of a creative organ, etc. Some will require more than photographic proof. You may have up to three (3) K awards simultaneously. I think Uncle Sam is chintzy. $102 bucks a month extra for losing your foot? $204 for both? Jez. I forgot. They give you free prosthesis stuff.

I've read somewhere that SMC-K is only approved once you attain 100%.

Do I need to wait until I'm 100% to file for SMC-K?

• HadIt.com Elder

NO

To qualify for SMC  you need another disabling SC Disability that is rated up from your existing SC Disability to qualify.

if your at 60& 0r 70%  or 80% even 90% combined disability's  then you would need another SC Disability to get you To the 100% then the VA looks at the SMC Tables to see if you meet the SMC Criteria..if you do then its statutory for them to infer  the SMC

its what they did with me anyway.

.......Buck

Thank you for the clarification Buck.  And Thank you for process AskNod.  It would seem that I'm still a long way off from qualifying, but I will persevere.