VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Older Vietnam Veterans

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

It may just be me but sometimes I feel us older Vietnam Veterans take a back seat at the VAMC's..seems that way to me anyhow!

..............Buck!

My primary VA doc is my/our age- I don't have any complaints, fortunately. Previous one was a little younger, female. issues with her

On a side note- Viet Vets can check out http://www.popasmoke.com Marine Corps Combat Helicopter Association website. While expectedly Marine Corps helo oriented the vision section has over 10,000 pictures (mostly Vietnam) available for free download.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't really have any complaints against my PCP & she young mid 30's I guess... its the other specialty clinics the appointments and long wait times ect,,ect,,and the care seems not all that great just mediocre ..its like they discriminate against age. I can check in 30 minutes before my appointment time and others will check in that has appointments at a later time and seems I am always the last to be seen...and most of us are using the same Dr. I just happen to be older eh! just seems that way to me and it is getting worse but I am not the type to get anyone in trouble. so I just gripe & bitch about it... ....................Buck!

Thanks Slick!

Popasmoke is an excellent web site. I referred one or two vets here to their reunion roster over the years because they needed buddy statements.

Their photos are fabulous,too, I used some info from their web site for a thesis I did on the Vietnam War.for college..

Most Marines wounded in Vietnam got to a mash unit of some sort, often within 20 minutes after the smoke was popped.

As the site states:
"When a Marine in Vietnam is wounded, surrounded, hungry, low on ammunition or water, he looks to the sky. He knows the choppers are coming..."
Leonard F. Chapman General, USMC

• HadIt.com Elder

I Am Not a US Marine Just US Army Special Troops but I have the most high respects for all my Armed forces Brothers.

I thought this might help some US Army Vets as for as getting buddy statements.

http://www.military.com/Registration/Army

................Buck!

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

sorry to bother you ...just a minute of your time

Question?

My spouse is on ChampVA...She is in the process of getting a supplemental insurance recommended by ChampVA called ''Selman'' supplemental .....thay said we have to join a Military Group Called ''AMRA'' (American Military Retired Association) to qualify.

WE have to put my name and a letter that states I am a 100% P&T Disable Veteran and my wifes name and social

and send in with the Application.

The membership is 25.00 a year....they said we have to have this membership to get the supplemental?

Have you ever heard of them? or such a thing? or familiar with it or this type of issue?

My spouse is excited to get the supplemental so she can start seeing private Dr's for specialites like her Back & Neck and Bad Hips &some other important medical problems ....she is happy about getting out of the VA.

Thanks Buck52