VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Depression

Rate this question

bigjim

Question

I get so depredded reading all this sad but very true stories about

the VA and how they operate. PTSD might set in just from all the

horrow stories. I know VA in a thorn in the Gov side, but even

congress works faster than that, are they that independent, they

dont have to answer to any one or a nother agency? How bout

some good news about VA..just one mans opinion//bigjim

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

bigjim,

I am like you, I read the post on the site and find the Va. to be the most corrupt organization and to think that there are so many younger veterans, that have no ideal of what lies ahead for them and their families.

It makes one sick to their stomach.

They may have the high paying postions, but I couldn't live with myself, knowing what I was doing to another human being.

I have made no secrets that my niece,as wonderful as she is to me, is the Supervisor of the DRO's where my claim originated and I know that she is one of them. I believe that she has taken my claim and feels that if I should win my claim, then in someway, the R.O will think that she may have helped me.

My biggest disappointment was when she had told me for 3 years that she had signed off on my claim 3 years earlier, when it was in the rating board, to find that once it went to appeal and the decision came in from the medical center of a decision of more likely than not, then she signed off, and my file left for another state, with me now at the AMC. If she had signed off when she told me she had, I could have been transferred at the rating board and may have stood a chance of winning my claims 3 years ago.

Just my thoughts.

Josephine

bigjim,

I am like you, I read the post on the site and find the Va. to be the most corrupt organization and to think that there are so many younger veterans, that have no ideal of what lies ahead for them and their families.

It makes one sick to their stomach.

They may have the high paying postions, but I couldn't live with myself, knowing what I was doing to another human being.

I have made no secrets that my niece,as wonderful as she is to me, is the Supervisor of the DRO's where my claim originated and I know that she is one of them. I believe that she has taken my claim and feels that if I should win my claim, then in someway, the R.O will think that she may have helped me.

My biggest disappointment was when she had told me for 3 years that she had signed off on my claim 3 years earlier, when it was in the rating board, to find that once it went to appeal and the decision came in from the medical center of a decision of more likely than not, then she signed off, and my file left for another state, with me now at the AMC. If she had signed off when she told me she had, I could have been transferred at the rating board and may have stood a chance of winning my claims 3 years ago.

Just my thoughts.

Josephine

now that is bad news, when your own family turns against you, i am like u it would be of my up most

priorty to move thoes files in the right directions, but gov worker are just that, lazy and

unacountable, its a cring shame ...bigjim

• HadIt.com Elder

You are absolutely correct about my niece. She always told me to look for the first sheet of paper on my claims file and it would be there.

When I went for my first C&P, I looked hard for that piece of paper and I did not see it.

I had no ideal, that she had not signed off of me. I am sure that she assumed that I had no chance of getting anything from that C&P, as they did ask the doctor for an evaluation from 1978 to date.

When he doctor mentioned this to me, too many years between dishcharge and treatment. I ask where are my medical records from 1965 to 1978 and this doctor, spend one hour of his time until he located all those records. I was discharged in June of 1964.

When my claims file was transferred to another R. O after that C&P, then I knew that she had just signed off.

Thanks, as I do try to read all of your post.

Josephine