VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hired Dr. Bash

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

My wife was denied Asthma and headaches in 2011. The appeal is currently at BVA and after I had her pull her file from her CVSO, I realized her vet rep was rather incompetent. (Her claim was a real mess and I knew she would lose if something didn't change fast).

My first step was meeting with John Dorle. We bought her paperwork and met at a caribou coffee in Elk River MN, 4 weeks ago.

He proceeded to go over all her paperwork and give us his opinion. He informed us that we would lose and are representation we currently had was inadequate to say the least. He also advised us if we hired him, we should hire Dr. Craig Bash as well.

I was very impressed with John. He seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. He came up with a plan that seemed to make sense rather quickly, so we took his advice and hired Dr. Bash.

We then met with Dr. Bash accompanied by John. He looked over my wife's file and felt confident that he could help us. We hired him that day and wrote a check. He also provided IMO's for new secondary conditions and said he would attend any conference we might have with BVA.

He then contacted us later in the week and asked us for more money because he felt that her case was stronger than he first anticipated. I thought it strange that he would renegotiate an already negotiated price but we agreed.

We paid a lot of money, and I am wondering if any of you have had a bad experience with Dr. Bash in a claim. (If you lose, does he just ride off in the sunset? Does he really live up to his name, ect ect)? I understand that no claim is a guarantee and the VA has a rather large bag of tricks to screw Veterans out of entitlements but I hope these guys will fight for us.

Thanks,

Edited by Philgrenier

I don't know about dr. Bash but good things. A good lawyer will cost you though. I spent 2,000.00 retainer on a custody battle and first appearance I walked out looking like the laughing stalk. I then dropped him and got best attorney in town. 7500.00 retainer then after more review of case asked for more because a father almost never gets custody. 2 years later I have full sole custody of my children and out of state. When leaving the court everyone was clapping for me and lawyer. Judge stopped me and said it was first case of a father getting full sole custody and can take kids out of the state to where I lived. Long story sorry. Short story, you get what you pay for is what I assume.

the last time I ask him for a IMO it was for about 10 grand what he ask for and then

because I was suppose to get a large retro check he wanted more. I refuse but good luck

with that

good help isnt cheap, and cheap help isnt good. What you are paying for is thier knowledge. Knowledge can be very hard earned, and very time consuming. Phil just let go a little bit, let them work it. relax and know you are in good hands.

Something else you need to consider, even after winning, later down the road, the VA can always rear thier ugly head and try to reduce or revoke, if you develop a good rapport, and pay these guys fairly, they will have your back.. its a lifelong endeavor brother.

The VA is surely not planning to pay 25 year old vets 3300 a month for 50 years. they will try and try, and you have to be ready.

RUREADY,

So you paid him for the IMO, ended up winning, and then he wanted more?

Heck no I refuse to pay that much and cant guarantee me a win I found a doctor

in Florida from my attorney for about $1500.00 I believe but than VA didn't even look at

the IMO so I am stuck in the appeals. Maybe CAVC will read it.lol

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use