VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hired Dr. Bash

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

My wife was denied Asthma and headaches in 2011. The appeal is currently at BVA and after I had her pull her file from her CVSO, I realized her vet rep was rather incompetent. (Her claim was a real mess and I knew she would lose if something didn't change fast).

My first step was meeting with John Dorle. We bought her paperwork and met at a caribou coffee in Elk River MN, 4 weeks ago.

He proceeded to go over all her paperwork and give us his opinion. He informed us that we would lose and are representation we currently had was inadequate to say the least. He also advised us if we hired him, we should hire Dr. Craig Bash as well.

I was very impressed with John. He seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. He came up with a plan that seemed to make sense rather quickly, so we took his advice and hired Dr. Bash.

We then met with Dr. Bash accompanied by John. He looked over my wife's file and felt confident that he could help us. We hired him that day and wrote a check. He also provided IMO's for new secondary conditions and said he would attend any conference we might have with BVA.

He then contacted us later in the week and asked us for more money because he felt that her case was stronger than he first anticipated. I thought it strange that he would renegotiate an already negotiated price but we agreed.

We paid a lot of money, and I am wondering if any of you have had a bad experience with Dr. Bash in a claim. (If you lose, does he just ride off in the sunset? Does he really live up to his name, ect ect)? I understand that no claim is a guarantee and the VA has a rather large bag of tricks to screw Veterans out of entitlements but I hope these guys will fight for us.

Thanks,

Edited by Philgrenier

In the IME/IMO's that I have obtained, I had to pay up front.  When you think about it, you are going to a doctor for a condition that you want verified.  Not much different than if you go to your local primary care physician down the street.  He/She expects to be paid, and isn't structured like a law office to get a portion of a claim.

I read where an IMO had several errors in it, and that the errors were only noted after they were already sent to the VA.

Always check, then double check, any information before sending it to the VA, and especially something obtained from another source like a doctor.  They are human beings like us all, and see a ton of documents with names, conditions, VA File numbers, DOB's etc, and could easily make an error here or there.

I ran into it before myself, but contacted the IMO provider and had them make corrections prior to sending a copy to the VA.

Just a thought.

Mark

Update.

Looks like the C&P doc my wife saw last week gave us a positive nexus backing Dr. Bash. Asthma granted at 30%

Paperwork on headaches secondary to breathing conditions sent out. (Back to BVA)?

No word on the Sinusitis. This is the condition the VA tried to say my wife had and not asthma. Turns out she has both. 

Question: Will the BVA award the sinusitis as well since it was listed as (Breathing conditions to include asthm). 

Thanks again. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use