VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hired Dr. Bash

Rate this question

Scout Swimmer

Question

My wife was denied Asthma and headaches in 2011. The appeal is currently at BVA and after I had her pull her file from her CVSO, I realized her vet rep was rather incompetent. (Her claim was a real mess and I knew she would lose if something didn't change fast).

My first step was meeting with John Dorle. We bought her paperwork and met at a caribou coffee in Elk River MN, 4 weeks ago.

He proceeded to go over all her paperwork and give us his opinion. He informed us that we would lose and are representation we currently had was inadequate to say the least. He also advised us if we hired him, we should hire Dr. Craig Bash as well.

I was very impressed with John. He seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. He came up with a plan that seemed to make sense rather quickly, so we took his advice and hired Dr. Bash.

We then met with Dr. Bash accompanied by John. He looked over my wife's file and felt confident that he could help us. We hired him that day and wrote a check. He also provided IMO's for new secondary conditions and said he would attend any conference we might have with BVA.

He then contacted us later in the week and asked us for more money because he felt that her case was stronger than he first anticipated. I thought it strange that he would renegotiate an already negotiated price but we agreed.

We paid a lot of money, and I am wondering if any of you have had a bad experience with Dr. Bash in a claim. (If you lose, does he just ride off in the sunset? Does he really live up to his name, ect ect)? I understand that no claim is a guarantee and the VA has a rather large bag of tricks to screw Veterans out of entitlements but I hope these guys will fight for us.

Thanks,

Edited by Philgrenier

Gast, no I did not hire an attorney. I hired John Dorle though. He works with Dr Bash who basically overseas the claim. He charged me a small about upfront for his services.

They seemed to think she has a real good chance at a high rating ( she is 0% now) and high retro. But yeah, all money's are paid up front.

Edited by Philgrenier
  • HadIt.com Elder

Well I read some of Dr bash case's and some were a lot harder than philgrenier, but I'm not saying he will win but he has I'd say a 90% chance with Dr bash team.

We all know how asknod is with VA verbiage & the BVA and is intelligence as to how the VA Laws are applied, he hired Dr Bash to help with his claim. = (win)

The Only thing is most veterans including myself can't afford to pay up front (that much $$)

unless they take out a loan! I suppose that would be the veterans choice.

Most of my retro is gone we purchase a house and car but with just part of the retro to do so.

we saved back a little extra but have the house mortgaged.

My wife and I basically live from payday to payday/month to month.

................Buck!

Edited by Buck52

you read denial and approve case with him and you still come with the same

conclusion good luck! Word of advise check his specialties of what he is a doctor

for. This should give you an ideal.( I am a board certified radiologist and 100% disabled veteran with significant general/neuro radiology

from healthgrades.com . A medical opinion for asthma just don't add up. good luck wish you well

Edited by RUREADY

Buck

Yes he is expensive and I know I'm fortunate to be in the position I am. I was planning on using my retro for an investment account for my two sons but the VA (never fails) pissed me off once again. When my wife went to her c&p the examiner refused to accept my wife's documented asthma condition that she has been treated with steroid inhalers for years. He told her she didn't have asthma (claimed it was nasal blockage instead without even examining her). She questioned him and he basically accused her of lying and "exaggerating symptoms ". She got upset and and then this doorknob tried to refer her to psych services, as if she was crazy or something.

If you knew my wife, you would know without question that this is all BS. So now it's go time.

Edited by Philgrenier
  • HadIt.com Elder

I bet Dr Bash has another IMO to set up for your wife?

don't worry to much about the VA Exaimner Dr Bash can take care of him!

I hate it when a VA Examiner won't address the contentions a veteran!

I had one that did that more or less accused me of malingering, (pissed me off) but I beat him, he never addressed my contentions during my C&P And I think that's what hurt his credibility with the DRO.

Although I had to have a DRO Hearing at my RO..it was pretty cut & dried about my disability I was asking for As the medical evidence showed!

The DRO took my new IMO and all my evidence and I won my claim.

I am pretty sure you guys will win and win all your retro you got coming.

I Wish you both the best............Hang in there its hard but just get your minds off it for a while.

Trust Dr Bash & John.

.................Buck!

I paid DR Bash $2,000 and he later asked for more several times He said my case would receive SMI level of compensation and that I would get K$$$ in retro back pay therefore I should have been willing to pay more;he initially asked for 10,000$ . The report he gave me was chaotic and disorganized it had someone eles's information mixed in and I did not realize it until I had submitted it to the VA. I had to go into the document and cut and replace erroneous information and correct typos.

His letter was enough to re open my claim however did not help at all with the later decision /Statement of Case. His letter was barely even mentioned in my Statement of Case. I received 20% increase for conditions I pursued and documented on my own from my Primary care doctor. That is just my experience nothing more nothing less. But I paid him $2000 that is lost forever.

Edited by Mingo

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use