VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Journalist Seeking Recent Examples 2012 Through 2015 Of Seroquel-Linked Deaths

Rate this topic

I'm a journalist doing investigative reporting for Huffington Post and a book on issues related to mental health care. Because I'm still querying VA spokesmen and insiders, I'm not posting my full name and publication here, but I'll forward all my contact details and information and publications to anyone interested in speaking to me on or off the record. I'm looking into needless, preventable deaths or other major harm caused by overmedication due to psychotropic drugs, especially Seroquel. I'm also interested after the VA Phoenix scandal, how long waits are now for mental health therapy services, and is over-medication still widely practiced? I'm looking for recent examples of harm caused by these practices. Thanks, Art

I hope the forum responders or administrator will let me know how I can directly communicate and respond to those interested in speaking to me. Sincerely,Art

• Founder

I'm a journalist doing investigative reporting for Huffington Post and a book on issues related to mental health care. Because I'm still querying VA spokesmen and insiders, I'm not posting my full name and publication here, but I'll forward all my contact details and information and publications to anyone interested in speaking to me on or off the record. I'm looking into needless, preventable deaths or other major harm caused by overmedication due to psychotropic drugs, especially Seroquel. I'm also interested after the VA Phoenix scandal, how long waits are now for mental health therapy services, and is over-medication still widely practiced? I'm looking for recent examples of harm caused by these practices. Thanks, Art

I hope the forum responders or administrator will let me know how I can directly communicate and respond to those interested in speaking to me. Sincerely,Art

ArtLew7 - When you want to communicate with veterans privately you can use our PM system private messaging, if the veteran chooses to give you any personal identifying information they should do it through PM we don't want private information on the board. Good luck with your story and let us know when it's available I'm sure many of us would be interested in reading it.

Wish you could do one on claims, the continuing denials that lead to years of waiting. My old VAMC was great. I just moved to Texas and trying to find a good one near Dallas area!

"I'm looking into needless, preventable deaths or other major harm caused by overmedication due to psychotropic drugs, especially Seroquel."

Here is a successful FTCA suit against VA on Seroquel:

But VA got by very cheap on this one.

The newspaper link might be broken but easily googable.

I have been investigating VA's true statistics of wrongful deaths for years.

They have been passing the buck recently on my multiple FOIAs.

That's OK, I wrote to the House Veterans Affairs Committee about it....among other entities.

My husband was a victim of malptractice, in part due to a VA medication error.

They settled with me under FTCA and I still have current issues pending in that regard.

I posted something today about Phoenix in our Scandal forum this morning..

By this fall my book about this issue might be finished and ready for publication..

VA harms or kills more veterans than the public knows.

You can search every states Data base from their State Disciplinary doctors lists to see if any VA doctors show up regarding seroquel adverse affects to the point that the FTCA settlement had to be reported to the National Practitioner Data Bank.

The amount of the settlement charged will be there as well.

VA however manipulates the NPDB as to failing to honor their mandate.ro report all FTCA settlements and the reason for the settlement.

It could be anything from contraindicated meds to wrongful death due to failure to timely diagnose and treat.

Google NPDB Berta Hadit.com and I am sure my posts on that will pop up.

Also the GAO (Government Printing Office ) reports reveal how the NPDB mandate is violated.VA gave them some reasons ( piss poor excuses) for that.

In my case when they violated the mandate, the OGC told me that was because "so many doctors" were involved in my husband's malpractice and wrongful death

I almost choked on that one. I replied to the VA lawyer, isn't that what helps prevent future medical malpractice by VA....reporting them all????

And by reporting them ,any veteran or citizen can obtain any FTCA actions against them,via HHS state Data Banks.

I commend you for investigating this issue. I couldn't even get the CIR to look into it.

If I get anything good due to my FOIAS to OLMA VA and the OGC I will post that info here for you.

I firmly believe those psychotropic cocktails that VA prescribes, has harmed many veterans,who might not even know they have had additional medically problems, solely due to contraindicated medications.

And if they die and no autopsy is done, VA can clear themselves from any suggestion of medication error contributing to their death.

I don't do email, PMs, or phone calls.about these issues you raised or on any VA claims issues but have posted lots of info on VA malpractice here under the FTCA/1151 forums.

Others here have too.

Edited by Berta

ArtLew7 - When you want to communicate with veterans privately you can use our PM system private messaging, if the veteran chooses to give you any personal identifying information they should do it through PM we don't want private information on the board. Good luck with your story and let us know when it's available I'm sure many of us would be interested in reading it.

Hi, I'm new to the board and don't see any clearcut tabs or links allowing us to PM people....when I clicked on the individuals responding, there was no PM this person option given. is there a visual or step-by-step tutorial on using PM available?

If a member here chooses not to open their PMS

(like me, as I mentioned above) there is no way to PM or contact them through this site.

If you have the PM thing open on your profile page, then they can contact you.,by clicking on your name.