VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Opened A Request For Increase For A Condition Already At Max %

Rate this question

justrluk

Question

Now I'm really puzzled. I'm almost finished with the items in the remand order for my appeal, and suddenly (today) a new claim - request for increase - pops up for a condition already rated the maximum. Doesn't say "Administrative Review", but request for increase. I know they can review any condition at any time, but really don't understand why they would pick this condition now. Any thoughts???

EDIT: The claim is dated 2/27/2015. Not dated anywhere near another anniversary event, appeal activity, nada... 6 years, 7 months since the date of increase to max % for this condition.

Edited by justrluk

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm wondering if V.A. discovered during an administrative review that you were entitled to housebound benefits or if there was a second service connected condition that would be ratable at 60% or more.

I'm rated at 70% for another condition. I'm wondering if either they thought the condition should have been increased earlier or if it is the periodic review of the rating itself. Who knows!

Update: I contacted the VAMC where the C&P is scheduled. The person working/scheduling confirmed it was a claim for increase. When I told her I was already @ max for the condition, she said it was definitely a re-evaluation. NOW, I'm nervous! Also, it was to be scheduled ASAP, so I go Saturday (this Saturday) at 0830. Geez - won't be able to get neurologist records by then to present/discuss while at the C&P.

This happened to me bud, I submitted an FDC in Nov 14 for a few previously denied conditions and a few new Secondarys. Claim was at Prep for Decision from Dec-Jan 14. Then all of a sudden in Feb in went back to Gathering of Evidence and the RO scheduled multiple C&Ps and a few Reviews including my PTSD which I was not up for Review until Feb 2016. Those Review exams were brutal especially the PTSD review which was over 2 hours long. It ended up backfiring on the VA though, all of my conditions will continue and a few look to even be increased. Just go in there and be honest, and you have nothing to worry about. Good luck and God Bless!!! Keep us posted

• HadIt.com Elder

The last line of your rating is SMC for loss of reproductive organ. It sounds a little like your getting 100% compensation plus Special Monthly Compensation for a service connected condition rated 60%. If you go scrolling down the list of topics on this forum you'll find one on Bradley v. Peake and Howell v. Nicholson involving housebound benefits. I suggest you read that topic and read Howell v. Nicholson carefully.

Thanks to all. I'll take a look at that, deltaj.