VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Question

Rate this question

helman35

Question

I had a Claim in 1996 for Dizziness and Respiratory Issues. I was denied in 1997 stating that there was no evidence that these were Service Connected. Also said that Dizziness was as symptom not a diagnosis. I didn't pursue this till 2015 and discovered that is what the American Legion had listed. A New Claim was open up for me by the New Orleans Regional Office for

Disabilities Claimed: head injury with residual equilibrium problems/possible Meniere's syndrome or vertigo (New), acute respiratory distress condition (New), bilateral ankle injury (New), chronic sinusitis (New), Seizures, grand mal (New), tinnitus (New), rhinitis (New)

The VA contracted Logistic Health Inc to handle my C&P Exams. I just got back from my Exam and the Nurse Practioner stated they were only looking at my Ankle Issues, Chrominc Bronchitis, Chronic Sinusitis and Rhinitis. That they were not asked to look at the Other Issues of Vertigo, possible Menieres / Seizures and Tinnitus. I called LHI and they stated that the VA didnt ask them to look at these issues.

Will the VA issue a C&P for these? I assume they do not have too but wouldnt they want too? The NP didnt do any measurements on my ankle, honestly barley touched them. Did XRays on Ankles, Sinus and Chest.

I have requeted my C-File from 1996 but only received the Decsion and Denial. I requested it again and still have not received it. I have also requested my SMR 4 months ago and have not gotten them. I know in my SMR there is I developed Acute Respiratory Disease in 1987. I complained of Dizziness in 1989. (I didnt know that Vertigo, Disequallibirum and Dizzness are different things). I know the Ankle issues are in my SMR. As for Menieres no diagonisis, all though the VA did an ENG test that showed I had Bilatteral Weakness to the Greatest Degree, supported Bilatteral Periphial Dysfuntion. (I attributed this from the Penmonia and ARD i was hospitalized in 1987 for 4 days with). This supports Vestibular Dysfuntion also associated with Menieres Disease. Also VA XRays that show I have Chronic Sinitius and Moderate Restrtive Respiratory issues.

Do you feel the VA will request C&P Exam?

thank you for any and all input

helman35

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I agree with Phillip, and make sure you have all the Evidence and ducks in a row. I don't want to see your claim get stuck in the mud or appeals for years. Good luck and God Bless!!!

Thank you Navy04 and Philip, considering how the C&P Exam went yesterday I am affraid it will be held up on appeals. The NP took me to the room and said the DR would be in a few. Then the NP shows up to do the C&P. States they did not review my file. On my Ankle's, they didn't do much of an exam. Looked at them, wanted me to press agains her hand. She didn't do any measurement of the Dorsiflexion or Plantorflexion. No ROM. She even asked me if I had and swelling or pain today. She asked if it interfered with my ability to work and if I had missed days. I told her I don't miss work, should I, Yes. But missing work doesnt't pay the bills. I work in a factory and on my feel 8 hours a day. I told her if they hurt to bad I will go and sit for a few. She says, so they have Sedentary work for you to do, I said no. Bottom line If I am not out working then things are not being done. Asked me on a scale of 1 to 10 the daily pain. I said 7. Thats about the exam.

On the Chornic Bronchitis and Chronic Sinusitis, she listen to my breath, did a pulmanary test with a hand held device that honestly was a efficient test. Asked about the history. Told her I have had issues since I was hospitalized in 1987 for 4 days with ARD (Acute Respiratory Disease). Told her I have had issues since, but going to Sick Call was not an option most times for one reason or another. The Military is not very supportive in that. Plus being on a Hill Top on the DMZ in Korea you don't have that luxury for 60 days at a time.

Wished I could say I had a good feeling, but not knowing what she would write on the DBQ for meaurments is up for grabs.

helman35

I will tell you in my 30+ C&Ps experience, I have actually had a few exams where the Doc did not ask much or I thought it went bad, but actually turned out to be SC at a high %. Just try to relax and let us know when you get the C&P exam results on myhealthevet.

Navy04,

Will the C&P Exam results from a private physicians office be on myhealthevet.

also thank you for the positive feedback and support. I honestly do appreciate it.

Helman35

I don't think that those Results will be on Myhealthevet, but you can try to go to the Local VA and go to Records and see if it is there. I had a few horrible exams last fall at a VBS or VEM, whatever the VA calls it when referred to a Civilian Dr. I was never able to even see those Exam Results anywhere. So I ended up submitting a new claim in Nov 14.