VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bull Sh%$#@#

Rate this question

cowboys4life

Question

So I had a pension exam which was clearly corrupt. I want to know if there's anything other than appealing the decision I can do. I want go into much detail but will give you an example of what I found to be down right criminal. Applied for secondary hypertension for coronary artery disease. Examiner opined that my hypertension was diagnosed before my coronary artery disease. Apparently my pending surgery for coronary artery disease somehow was scheduled before there was a diagnose of disease. " Veteran HTN was diagnosed on 9/04/02 and his coronary artery disease was diagnosed a few weeks later. That does not fit into what actually happened given the fact that on 9/13/02 I was having my first open heart surgery and was diagnosed with coronary artery disease on 7/21/02. I already submitted a complaint to patient advocate, but I want to do more. Can I? Please advise

6 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The examiner might have overlooked it or transcribed the numbers incorrectly. I have had it happen to me by the examiners and the raters.

If you just obtained the results of the C&P, but have not yet received a denial letter, you might consider getting a jump on this and writing a letter to the VA to explain the mix up.

If you already received a denial letter, this would be a good request for a reconsideration if you are still within the window. Be sure to convert to a NOD/appeal before the time limit runs out.

Also, keep in mind that the Patient Advocate probably cannot do anything on this, but it's at least a start. The C&P docs work for the VA, not the medical facility.

Sorry to see you worked up bud. Remember that the VA will look at all the evidence not just what those C&P Doc idiots list in their notes. I have had this happen multiple times, where the Doc messed up but the VA Rater looked at all the Medical Evidence. Also instead of appeals that last for years, I just kept reopening all my denied conditions from 2013 and guess what in the last 2 years since, not only has all the denied conditions been granted, but at high %s. Good luck and God Bless!!!! Keep us posted

I really cannot understand why it matters the order in which things are diagnosed. That doesn't mean something didn't exist before. My husband has many of the problems associated with diabetes but his blood work usually comes back right on the edge of a diagnosis level. Doctors say it is just a matter of time until he will actually have diagnosable diabetes but I'm sure when the time comes, VA will say he cannot claim the secondaries since they came first.

Good luck with everything.

Kate

Contact the Secretary of VA

robert.a.mcdonald@va.gov

or the VA

Under Secretary

allison.hickey@va.gov

It IS Bull crap

Tell them what happened and ask them to ensure you that your VARO will apply 38 CFR 4.6 to your claim,

sooner than later.

So I had a pension exam which was clearly corrupt. I want to know if there's anything other than appealing the decision I can do. I want go into much detail but will give you an example of what I found to be down right criminal. Applied for secondary hypertension for coronary artery disease. Examiner opined that my hypertension was diagnosed before my coronary artery disease. Apparently my pending surgery for coronary artery disease somehow was scheduled before there was a diagnose of disease. " Veteran HTN was diagnosed on 9/04/02 and his coronary artery disease was diagnosed a few weeks later. That does not fit into what actually happened given the fact that on 9/13/02 I was having my first open heart surgery and was diagnosed with coronary artery disease on 7/21/02. I already submitted a complaint to patient advocate, but I want to do more. Can I? Please advise

this is why they dont want us to have access to our exams , so they can deny your claim and hope you give up.