VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I'm Not Sure What My Psych Dr. Is Trying To Do.

Rate this question

coastie72

Question

All of a sudden my Dr. wants me to have blood work and mentioned depression and Low T. My prescriber called to ask me about my Dr's URGENT request? I told him what I know and that he mentioned my fatigue, lack of energy and depression could be from Low T.

Is this some sort of attempt to discredit my MDD/PTSD rating. Sorry but I don't trust hardly anyone.

That is something else he gives me grief over and says he doesn't understand why I don't trust people?

He keeps threatening to put me in the hospital over suicidal tendencies, I do have them and sometimes strong.

However I tell the truth, my wife is the reason that won't happen. I'm struggling at work, but still working. If I could figure a

way I would retire tomorrow.

Has anyone ever had this test for issues like mine?

Worried as usual.

Coastie72

coastie,

Remember the old saying, "the only dumb question is the one you don't ask." Your question is not dumb. Low testosterone (Hypogonadism) can cause fatigue, lack of energy, low sex drive, erectile dysfunction, mood changes, depression, increase in body fat, loss of muscle mass, erectile dysfunction, etc. If you have Hypogonadism, it can be treated.

You may have mentioned some of these symptoms to your doctor and he is probably concerned about what is causing the symptoms. I might be wrong but I don't think this is an attempt to discredit your MDD/PTSD.

Take care my friend.

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

My take is that a lot of these so called emergency lab tests are to cover their ass for not doing it on the VA schedule.