VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Good Or Bad?

Rate this question

Dtown

Question

In February 2015 I was awarded 20% for L knee(10%) and tinnitus(10%). Both C&P done by civilian doctors. The process for my first claim took 10 months.

I filed a new claim on 2/26/2015 for hearing loss and righ knee (secondary). I was contacted today (3/27/15) and scheduled for C&P with VA doctors.

I did not expect such a quick response. Is this good or bad news for me?

Thank you!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It depends on where you live and which RO is servicing your file in terms of how fast they get through claims, but it does sound like good news to have C&Ps this fast. Your contentions seem pretty cut-and-dry.

In general, there is a rush to get through claims. At one point a few years ago, the President and VA Secretary announced a plan to have the so-called backlog (claims older than 125 days) eliminated by the end of this year. To do that, they have to make sure that few claims make it beyond 125 days old. Statistically, the VA isn't going to make that goal this year unless they really speed things up over the next 8 months, but the pressure still seems to be there.

GP is right about how you'll likely be rated if they SC your hearing loss. The regs are not clear to me but one would think you'd be eligible for free hearing aids through the VAMC.

I have had 4 FDC claims in the last two years, and most of them I was scheduled for C&Ps in less than a month. Good luck and keep us posted.

I appreciate the replies. I'm not expecting a positive result for hearing loss, but hopefully I get a rating for my right knee (seconday). I also claimed right ankle condition, but was not scheduled for C&P. I'm in El Paso, TX.

Navy did your FDC work out in your favor?

Thanks again!