VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"honorary" Veteran

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

This is mostly for Berta. Berta posted:

This is my opinion on the new Secretary ,as a civilian (widow of 2 disabled vets and mother of a veteran)

so it might not mean anything to you veterans. And that's OK.

About 2 years ago, a very old war Veteran, (I think he said he was 90) came to my home, where my father in law, a WW2 Vet was living, or, I should say dying, at the time. (He was in hospice). He presented a medal to my FIL (I think it was the National Defense medal, that he never got for some reason) for his service. Apparently he had the authority to present medals, especially to Veterans in Hospice care.

And now, to Berta. Berta, I, too, am a disabled Veteran. I have a son who served in the war in Iraq, who has about 6 medals (but he does not know which ones they are, which is a typical, humble Vet). We have 3 generations of Veterans in my family (altho my FIL is now deceased).

If you would accept this honor, I would offer you "honorary Veteran" for the years of service you gave Veterans. For the service and honor you gave your late husband, your other family members, and especially hadit members and guests.

Yea, we do value your opinion, Berta. You have studied and mastered VA law, and can/do answer questions related to Veterans and widows benefits for Veterans who very much appreciate your advice as I do.

Thank you Berta, for your service....for your husband's service, and yours.

broncovet,

I agree with you 100%. Berta is deserving of this honor and many more for everything she has done for veterans and their families. She is highly respected by friends (veterans and their families) and foe (VA). Berta spends a lot of time and effort helping anyone who asks for help and I don't see how she has much time left for herself. Thank you Berta.

GP

Berta, I have not been on Hadit for very long, but I learned quick to pay attention to your every post. I agree with the others whole heartedly, you are a Vet.

A million thanks for all that you have done and will do to support your fellow vets.

May God Bless

Coastie72

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree Ms Berta is simply the best there is they don't make'em any better than Our own Ms Berta & I know all us veterans love her to pieces...she has compassion for all veterans.

I've always loved Ms Berta Post , she helps me & my family going on 16 years now and the for veterans I help and without her VA knowledge/logic we all would be lost.

She is an outstanding advocate for herself as well as all the veterans that need her unconditional help.

Were all blessed to have Ms Berta here on Hadit and Hadit Radio Show.

God Bless Ms Berta

.............Buck!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Berta rocks!

This reminds me of a plaque that is mounted on the wall in my parents' house. One of my father's units, not sure which one or when, awarded a plaque to my mother for outstanding support while my father was deployed. When I served, I asked my Commander about doing something like this for several of the outstanding spouses, but he scoffed at the idea.