VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"honorary" Veteran

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

This is mostly for Berta. Berta posted:

This is my opinion on the new Secretary ,as a civilian (widow of 2 disabled vets and mother of a veteran)

so it might not mean anything to you veterans. And that's OK.

About 2 years ago, a very old war Veteran, (I think he said he was 90) came to my home, where my father in law, a WW2 Vet was living, or, I should say dying, at the time. (He was in hospice). He presented a medal to my FIL (I think it was the National Defense medal, that he never got for some reason) for his service. Apparently he had the authority to present medals, especially to Veterans in Hospice care.

And now, to Berta. Berta, I, too, am a disabled Veteran. I have a son who served in the war in Iraq, who has about 6 medals (but he does not know which ones they are, which is a typical, humble Vet). We have 3 generations of Veterans in my family (altho my FIL is now deceased).

If you would accept this honor, I would offer you "honorary Veteran" for the years of service you gave Veterans. For the service and honor you gave your late husband, your other family members, and especially hadit members and guests.

Yea, we do value your opinion, Berta. You have studied and mastered VA law, and can/do answer questions related to Veterans and widows benefits for Veterans who very much appreciate your advice as I do.

Thank you Berta, for your service....for your husband's service, and yours.

Our TIME is our most valuable earthly possession, and the fact that she shares her time., to help others speaks volumes of her character, persistence, and courage, I pray that GOD keeps here sharp as a tack for many years to come and im sure there is a mansion in heaven awaiting with riches and jewels to decorate her robe that are stunningly brilliant.

Sometimes I wonder and believe it quite possible that as warriors, we were specially chosen, and we will have a warrior role in the afterlife, maybe we will ride white horses alongside angels and fight the dark forces and protect Gods kingdom.. ASKNOD can be General , Berta sec of defense, Phillip , the Armorer, John runs the POW camp, I will fix the chariots.. Pete can be the DEPT OF HEAVENS AFFAIRS LIASON.. ha

Ms. Berta, this award is from our hearts! I didn't know how to proceed with my claim but by reading your post I learned how and we won. I'm still fighting for retroactive compensation and I believe I will win, only because of your help.

GOD BLESS

Warren