VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Incapacitating Episodes Question

Rate this question

Boomer64g

Question

Since July of last year my VA primary care doctor put me on restrictions saying I'm not allowed to do my current job. They sent me out for a Fit for Work Exam, and they said the same thing, I was not allowed to ever go back to my current job, and it was permanent. I work for the state of Illinois, and my job requires I be able to do heavy manual labor. My service connected disability began to get out of control in July of last year. My primary care doctor said I was not allowed to do my job, only sedentary to light sedentary work, permanently. I went back for another Fit For Work Exam in February, and got the same result. I'm permanently barred from ever doing my current job again. So for the last 8 months, I have received non-occupational disability payment, which is 50% of my pay, losing $12,000 during this time. If a doctor does not allow you to go back to your job due to your service connected disability, and sends you out for a Fit For Work Exam twice during the eight month period, could this be counted as incapacitating episodes? The VA does all my health care, so I know they have access to this information. I have developed foot drop since my back issues started up again. I had two back surgeries, the last a fusion the VA sent me out and paid for. I have already gone back and filed for the foot drop issue, and a few others, but this incapacitating episode thing has me confused. Any answers would be appreciated.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet