VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opm

Rate this question

ghost14d

Question

GREAT News !!!!!!... my neighbor got OPM approval before the VA awarded his claim...

I think FERs will require an SSA application too from you.

But enjoy this victory ,ghost14D, and enjoy the Holiday....!!!!!

Others here know more about FERS than I do.......

Yes they will require a SS application but you just need to show you applied. Turn in the disapproval that you got turned down by SS. Curious did you have any issues with just getting the application turned in? They switched my supervisor and gave me the run around for about a week now, until finally I made some calls above management and I have an appointment next week to turn in my packet.

Edited by ArNG11

I'm running into problems myself, but I have a few cases going on between the VA and workers comp. my hands and immune system from work as a fuel mechanic, then my VA disabilities play a part in my difficulties. I'm trying and been trying to keep the injuries separate and within the responsible agencies but there is so much crap and buerocracy that you can get lost fairly easily. It doesn't help that there are no local reps to deal with this, other than the person you submit the application to. The rest goes to AFPC.

Dude. They changed my supervisor, then my new one gave me problems. All the while calling me a liar about my fuel exposure. Tread easy, there's money involved and I dare say they have been almost as bad as the VA and the department of labor in there lies and deceit. It's always clock and dagger and misdirection for me in my pursuits to just fight for what I'm legally entitled.