VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Advice Or Thoughts?

Rate this topic

I am still trying to figure where my claim is heading. My claim just went from Preparation of Notification back to Gathering of Evidence. There are several new contentions added to my disabilities however there are 2 that are not added.

Those 2 that are not showing are: neurogenic bladder with urinary urgency due to multiple sclerosis (also claimed as suprapubic catheter) (Increase) and, diplopia (Increase). Do you think those 2 are the reason why it went back to gathering of evidence? If so I guess there will be a new C&P scheduled soon to justify those 2 other contentions?

My other question to this matter is, I noticed the dates on these new added disabilities is wrong. Should I wait to get the actual paperwork on this claim and then dispute the EED or do something before?

Thanks for all the great help.

These are some good questions, and, unless you want to delay your claim 4 years with an appeal, I suggest you get the answers to them.

First, order your c file, if you have not already.

Most Vets assume the VA has all the paperwork they sent. If you believe that, then write it down and put it under your pillow and the tooth fairy will leave you a quarter.

All this said, ebenefits is notoriously unreliable, and, it is possible your claim is "on track" and they have all your records as well as all your claims.

So, the next thing I recommend is to send an IRIS email, and inquire as to why ebenefits does not list your 2 increases you filed on xxx date. Or, inquire as to what is the status of the 2 claims for increase you filed on xx date. It would not hurt to file an "intent to file" form, and include all of them, as that form is now required.

That 1st 1 I stated as not included, neurogenic bladder with urinary urgency due to multiple sclerosis (also claimed as suprapubic catheter) (Increase), the end part suprapubic catheter is not listed in the increase?

Yes I already requested my C-file in December of 2013 and recieved it January of this year. I am just going through it slowly now. I am going to wait for an official letter the BBE with all the particulars of my claim. Also need to go and change my POA to a more reliable VSO, that will probably be my 1st step before I recieve the decision. Thanks Broncovet!

I agree with BroncoVet on this one. Also remember that it is not uncommon for Claims to go back and forth in status. My current FDC which I submitted in Nov 14 was at Prep for Decision thru Jan 15. Then all of a sudden it went back to Gathering of Evidence and I had 8 or so C&Ps at 2 different VAs. Now it has been at Prep for Decision again for the last 7 or so weeks. Sometimes the VA will add or change claim conditions to a claim, which has happened to me a few times. Also they will decide a condition or two, and differ a few to be decided later as the VA still needs evidence for those conditions. So you could get an Official Decision in the mail for some conditions claimed, and then the VA will send a letter asking for Supporting Evidence for the Differed conditions. Really just hard to say, without an official call or letter bud. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Also need to go and change my POA to a more reliable VSO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ah, some Veterans have such a refreshing, well-balanced sense of humor. It makes my heart swell with paroxysms of laughter. You made my day, sir.