VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Former Va Chief Of Staff Linked To Gulf War Scandal

Rate this question

ranger11bv

Question

ranger,

Excellent informative article. Hopefully the Newsweek article and the information regarding the coverup will help Gulf War veterans get the compensation they deserve from exposure to toxic agents during the Gulf War.

GP

THIS IS OUR AGENT ORANGE.. hopefully NSLVP get s a action going ..!!!

Also dont forget whom it was that got caught trying to close the door on desert storm vets by meeting with the medical leadership and trying to persuade them to stop calling it desert storm veterans.. She was trying to lump all vets who served in Iraq in one basket, so that our concerns become a moot point.

DEMAND THAT THEY CALL YOU A DESERT STORM VETERAN.!!! DONT LET THEM THROW US AWAY..!!!

Edited by 63SIERRA

I was in country for almost 6 months and several times all of the chemical alarms went off, we got into Mopp 4 .. shortly after we were told false alarm.. this went on several days in a row. I recall the sickly smell in the air. kind of pungent and burns the throat.

im sure i was exposed, we just trusted our leaders and believed they would be honest.

Im sure I could find people in my unit that would testify to that fact, if they are still with us.

Ive been saying all along, all of the surveys and Gulf war registry exams are just diversions/.. They want to study us long term and learn the effects of the poisoning we recieved, but dont want to compensate us for it.

Independant testing was done shortly after the war and it was found proof positive that the clothes had chemicals of sarin gas on them.

The VA is now doing the same thing to us that they did our vietnam brothers, they are engaged in a war of attrition and denial.

Time is on thier side, not ours.

Something else to think about, how will this affect our children and grand children. will they have cancers and birth defects. ?

This is your country... this is our reality. We spent billions of dollars and 13 years in Iraq, but they dont care to help us.

Ross Perot paid to have uniforms tested.

Edited by 63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

"They want to study us long term and learn the effects of the poisoning we received, but don't want to compensate us for it."

Thats the government way! There was a now closed "study" involving workers that were exposed to radium during WWII.

The study was independent (non VA) concerning workers that used radium containing paint on instrument dials.

Many died from cancer decades after the original exposure.