VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams Starting In 2 Weeks!

Rate this question

asheth007

Question

Well hadit helped me get to this point and it's finally here. Since I've joined hadit I have gotten Family Caregiver also.

I now have my first C&P exams since being medically retired last year. These were increases, un employability, and new conditions/secondary.

I have hearing in about a week the person I spoke to on the phone asked me if I had ringing which I do occasionally and asked if I had a hearing test last 30 days which I haven't had one.

I have a C&P with neurology

General Exam

Ortho and my last one in May is for PTSD

The person helping me filed for the PTSD anyway even though I said I don't think I have PTSD but depression. I have seen a psychiatrist and see a psychologist regularly through the VA. At that PTSD exam will that be where they make a determination of I have PTSD or Depression or will need a separate one for depression. I know depression is one that was filed but I'm don't have a C&P exam strictly for depression scheduled.

I suspect I know how the neurology exam will go since I have dealt with them often. This will probably be in reference to migraines which I am prescribed Sumatriptan, I also get monthly IV/IG infusions which require me to stay in the hospital for 4 days every 30 days to get the medication. I am on a steady dose of prednisone, methotrexate, ambien, and Zoloft.

Not sure about Ortho exam though.

For reference I am 80% combined 40% inflammatory myopathy(rated analogous to fibromyalgia). 20% for shoulder osteo arthritis, 10% back DDD, 50% sleep apnea.

The main condition I suffer from is polymyositis, but when I was retired they didn't have a firm diagnoses so they out the general inflammatory myopathy which they don't have a rating for. They do have one for polymyositis which is now in my problem code after discharge. The wording is strange but I believe I could get a 100% just from that.

Also should I take my family caregiver paper work? My mother is my caregiver I'm tier 3 or whatever the lowered tier is she does receive about $550 a month.

4 answers to this question

Sorry I'm on my phone so can't edit. I also get SSA disability and the award letter was sent in with the initial claim.

Will there be a separate unemployability C&P?

I think you should get IU bud, and as far as Caregiver, I am on the Highest Tier and it don't mean nothing as far as evidence. Make sure you send the SSA as evidence. Good luck with the Exams and keep us posted. God Bless!!!

Go easy on the self DXing of no PTSD, Let the C & P Psychiatrist do their job. Depression is part of PTSD. The DR will do a PTSD DBQ, when done ask him/her what they think, do you have PTSD. After about 11/2 hr with my PTSD C & P Dr as we were rapping it up, I asked and he said yes. Did not go into ratings and at the time I wasn't familiar with 38 CFR 4. Few weeks later I got a copy of the PTSD DBQ and his clinician Notes for the exam from the VA Hosp Records dept. Playing amateur rater I thought I was a solid 30 with a possible 50%, awarded at 70% 3 months later.

Dependant on your PTSD rating if granted, 70% indicates a severe Employment handicap and would just about seal the deal on IU as long as your Earned Income was less than the SGI figure of $12,400 per year for 1 person.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Thanks for the tip I tend to want to try and self DX to try and let the doctors know that I am somewhat competent about the conditions I suffer from I guess to give validity when I am telling of symptoms or whatever I suffer from.