VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Get Real Changes Done

Rate this question

paulcolrain

Question

How Many Vets Are Using Hadit.com ? In My Opinion Vets Do Not Need Vso's. What They They Need Is A Case Worker Who Works For The Va Who Is Compassionate And Has Real Answers For The Vet. This Case Worker Will Provide A Pre-Warning To A Denial So That It Isnt Completely Denied And Allow The Vet To Answer Questions Or Provide Evidence. I Strongly Believe Through The Amount Of Veterans Allison Hickey Has Already Helped In One Day Of Her Emails That If Give The 1700 + 578 People She Asked Congress For But They Denied She Could Get This Done.... Call To Arms !!!!!! Call Your Congress Persons And Get Allison What She Needs !!!!! We Dont Need Vso's We Need Caring Case Workers At The Va. And Give Them A Shot With Allison On There Backs !!!!!! If We Have The Numbers Here At Hadit.com I Think We Can Get This Done !!!!!!

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA should be proactive but as long as it is in bed with Service Organizations Veterans are screwed.

FROM A WASHINGTON POST ARTICLE ABOUT ALLISON:

At the end of last year, between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, about a dozen suicidal veterans e-mailed her, some threatening to take their lives if they did not get their benefits, she recounted. She addressed each one personally, she said, calling in therapists and personally checking on each of the cases.

“Everyone in my inbox is alive today,” she said.

Hickey said she receives hundreds of e-mails a week from veterans and tries to answer all of them, although sometimes this means e-mailing in the middle of the night.

“Many have stories that would make you cringe — I hear them all the time. I am glad they make me uncomfortable, break my heart, keep me awake at night and even, at times, bring me to tears. It has spurred me to action on their behalf,” Hickey told cadets during her speech.