VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Med Deaths At Tomah Va

Rate this topic

In Part:
"Four more veterans died under suspicious circumstances than previously reported at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs hospital in Tomah, Wisconsin, under the leadership of its chief of staff, psychiatrist Dr. David Houlihan.

The deaths, revealed in a rare congressional field hearing today in the small Wisconsin town, bring to 33 the number of unexpected deaths The Center for Investigative Reporting has found occurred during Houlihan’s decade at the helm. The medical center became known as “Candy Land” for the ease with which narcotic painkillers were prescribed."

http://www.revealnews.org/article/congressional-hearing-reveals-4-more-deaths-at-tomah-wisconsin-va/

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2015/03/31/new-drug-deaths-linked-tomah-va-candy-land/

I comment as well as other hadit members here at Ben's site,from time to time.....

That 'pneumonia ' cause of death comment was startling and probably quite true....

more here....

http://www.wisn.com/news/congressional-committees-travel-to-tomah-va-for-hearings/32083320

this might be even worse than Phoenix.

I feel vindicated by some of the info I passed onto to the H VAC, that they never responded on....

then again, maybe they did look into what I sent to them....

I cant wait to see how they will handle my 1151 medication error claim at VACO now....

It IS worse than Phoenix.

In June 2014, after the Phoenix incidents, I wrote to Jeff Miller, Chairman of the House Veterans Affairs Committee, and sent subsequent emails, letters etc to the FBI, an VA OIG .

No response. That is OK and what I expected from the VA. i didn't expect to be ignored by the FBI.

I detailed how VA is getting away with malpractice, and I submitted documented evidence in that regard.

Today I am considering sending all of those entities a letter re: Tomah,

just saying

"I told you so."

I said it here last year, that Phoenix was just the tip of the iceberg.

We all have the responsibility of understanding the meds we take and how they could be interacting with each other ,contraindicating their affects and even causing us more problems then we had before we started taking them.

That goes for VA meds as well as meds from private sector doctors.

In the case of Candyland, (Tomah VA) however, that VAMC was found to have a much higher than usual pharmacuetical dispensing MOS.,compared with other VAMCs.

I believe this is in the VA OIG report that was held back by the IG for many months.

If I can get that report I will post it here.

• 1 month later...

http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/marijuana-decreases-death-rates-from-pain-killers-by-over-30-percent/

Berta, thank you for the information.

Veterans do not have to abide by all these deaths.

Cannabis is a better painkiller, has no [harmful] side effects, is not addicting, and CANNOT kill you. you could not commit suicide with cannabis; nor cause yourself real harm. these are scientific, provable medical facts.

Some people want to continue prescription drugs. That's fine. But for those of us who are so debilitated from taking drugs that we can't take anymore, then cannabis is the last resort. If it was the first resort, we would not have opiate deaths, disabilities due to drug use, and happier lives.

Thank you again for posting so much good info.

/s/ Sistah Cannabis

"Rise up, falling fightahs, rise and take your stance again. Cause he who fights and run away, live to fight another day." ~ Bob Marley, prophet