VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-file Request...

Rate this question

NJ_Devil_Dog

Question

Hey All,

Here's a real peach, I requested a copy of my c-file in August 2005, still haven't received it, nor have I received anything saying they are in the process of copying it. I filed for SSDI nearly five months age and I called the SSA to see how far along they are in deciding my claim with them, and I was informed that they were just waiting on some medical information that they've requested TWICE from the VA!?!?!

I have an upcoming C&P exam to determine if I rate a higher percentage for PTSD, but I can't really wait for the VA to take their sweet-*ssed time to send the key information that SSA needs to decide my claim... the bills are piling up and the collectors are calling daily!

I tried to contact the VFW Department Service Officer, but I don't expect too much from them either. I'm starting to think that I should get in touch with a Congress-person or the Governer to help put a boot up the VA's b*tt!

Any sugestions?

Sincerely,

Gerald

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Go to the VA website and make an Iinquiry about the request you had submitted. Scan a copy of the original request and insert it into the message or fax it to tjhe va. remember a Fax is the best way to send stuff for you have an immediate confirmation.

2: If you can, go to the medical records department and get the records yourself and get them to SSA.

3: Do not put much faith in the service officers, for they may not be too much help unless you can get them some recognition.

I agree with John. If it is VA medical records you are waiting on go to the VA hospital if you can. It may take months to get your CFile and even then the medical records you are trying to get may not be in there. Go to the ROI office at the VA hospital and be real sweet. 95 percent of the VA hospital employees are great people and workers they are just over burdened. I once needed some records from Birmingham. I called the ROI office and they told me to send them a written request for the records or fax it. The lady said it would be about three weeks before I would receive them. I typed up the letter and ended it with "God bless those of you who provide untiring service to the veterans of this great country". About 10 mins after I sent the fax I received a call from the ROI office and the lady said "Mr. H. if you will provide me with a fax number I will fax the records to you now". All it took was a small pat on the back. I am sure she is stuck in the basement of some building trying to do a million things at one time while being screamed at by veterans and supervisors alike. Like I said outside of the kook doctors, I have never run into a support person at my VA hospital who failed to work their butt off to insure that I was treated like a normal human being. My hat goes off to each and every one of them..

Ricky

P.S. NONE OF THIS APPLIES TO ANYONE AT A RO. SORRY GUYS EVERY RO PERSON THAT I HAVE DEALT WITH HAS BEEN A LIAR, or a LAZY ASS OR JUST PLAIN INCOMPETENT. DISCLAIMER - THIS APPLIES TO MY SERVICING RO ONLY SO DON'T START SCREAMING AT ME.

Thanks guys,

I called the VARO toll free number the other day and had this curious conversation with the associate there. I was told that my C-file has been at my local VAMC since my C&P examination in '05. He also told me that I would not be able to get a copy, or even view my records at the VAMC because they are not authorized to do so. I questioned him by asking, "If they're my records, why wouldn't I be able to view them there?" He responded by saying the records belong to the VARO and not the hospital.

That's pretty odd, I thought that the records were mine, and that the VARO was just the custodian of those records!

Since then, I have received information from the SSA that because of the delay of their request from the VA that I would now be scheduled for an appoinment for a pysch exam by the SSA! The associate from the SSA also stated that they always have difficulty dealing with the VA when it comes to requests for medical records.

I honestly don't want to have to go through two more examinations, I have a C&P for increase this monday, and I haven't received an appointment from the SSA yet. I'll see if I can get some of the records from ROI and I'll try to fax them to the SSA.

I've also contacted my representatives local office and I plan on going through him to complete my request for a copy of my c-file should all else fail.