VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brown Envelope

Rate this question

grtone72

Question

So I received the infamous Brown Envelope today. I read many talk about future reevaluations in their paperwork, but I cant seem to find anything stating dates except for date disability went into effect. Am I overlooking something or is there more paperwork to come?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

grtone72,

The award letter doesn't always contain all the info it should. You might want to check your "Benefits Summary Letter" which can be found under "VA Letters" in your ebenefits account. You may find more info on the "Benefits Summary Letter." JMO

Good luck and thank you for your service.

GP

So I received the infamous Brown Envelope today. I read many talk about future reevaluations in their paperwork, but I cant seem to find anything stating dates except for date disability went into effect. Am I overlooking something or is there more paperwork to come?

The decision letter will not state when you will be scheduled for re-examination, just that a future examination will

or will not be scheduled.

If one is to be scheduled it's usually 2-5 years out, but sooner if it was a temporary evaluation

such as after surgery.

jmho

This is a subject that I am always confused by because none of my award letter state anything about a re-exam one way or the other how ever the my C-file did contain a few pages from virtualva.gov that shows that the VSRO mark the static box after all my service connected disabilities.